The Ford F-150 Lightning Is the 2023 MotorTrend Truck of the Year

OP
OP
Count Orlok

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
What capabilities do you need in a truck?

As an owner of an R1T and a Lightning, my R1T is my go to for truck stuff. Except for towing, towing is better in the Lightning.

Surprisingly, my Lightning is my go to for family stuff.
Rivian R1T R1S The Ford F-150 Lightning Is the 2023 MotorTrend Truck of the Year s
Sponsored

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

This is a critical passage in that article:

"While a whole cadre of first-time truck buyers will be drawn to the Rivians of the world, a much smaller segment of the traditional pickup truck market will be interested in making the switch."

I don't think Rivian was ever competing for this segment. The R1T was not designed for the traditional pickup market. It was designed for, literally, everyone else.

I don't see the Lightening competing with the Rivian because Rivian is trying to attract people who never would even think of buying a pickup truck. People like me.

Vansfan98

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self employed
I like both. My R1T fits my needs better. Leaving me and my wife’s expensive golf clubs in the gear tunnel and know they are secure is just feature I now can’t live without now. Today I’m looking forward to how the mobile service handles my rear window gasket issue. Something Ford and the dealer service network will not figure out anytime soon. This by far the best car/truck I’ve ever owned. That said I’m rooting for Ford and Tesla as well. Go Made in the USA!

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
I wish people would stop abbreviating it that way. It has... much different connotations for some folks.
In the auto industry, it's internally known as "ACP", as the full name is what Apple mandates.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Count Orlok

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
The Count just got word his R1S is ready at the collision shop!

Count Orlok is sad, however, as he can't get to the shop until Monday.

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T FG/FE 20" AT Dark
I personally don't like the Lightning because ... well .. it looks like a regular F150 ..

All of the people I work with like the lightning because .... well... it looks like a regular F150 lol

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

I personally don't like the Lightning because ... well .. it looks like a regular F150 ..

All of the people I work with like the lightning because .... well... it looks like a regular F150 lol
I charged next to a Lightning a couple days ago. Such a boring looking vehicle. R1T is a far better looking vehicle.

Rivian R1T R1S The Ford F-150 Lightning Is the 2023 MotorTrend Truck of the Year IMG_2244

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
I charged next to a Lightning a couple days ago. Such a boring looking vehicle. R1T is a far better looking vehicle.

IMG_2244.jpeg
The only think I like more about the Lightning is the frunk. It is huge!
Sponsored