IPTV65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLU Sahara,Jeep JKU, Infiniti G37X, R1S
Occupation
Engineering Exec
Clubs

yes of course! keep in mind range tests are not easy and range will vary a lot based on many conditions....weather, wind, weight, terrain, tire pressure, HVAC load, traffic, turning, battery temp and charge, Rivian algorithm.....etc. The list is long. The aero inserts are definitely more 'aero efficient' than without. Folks will get as much as 20 mi range gain.
What does the computational fluid dynamics system report for drag reduction?
Sponsored

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

What does the computational fluid dynamics system report for drag reduction?
we will post that soon, our engineer is pulling the simulation into a shareable document.

IPTV65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Exec
Clubs

Price is for a set (20pcs), does all 4 wheels. Keep in mind, it's a lot of pcs! 5 per wheel.

there was a pricing mistake, it is $249 for a set. or $299 with storage bag.
What would be the average ROI, in miles, for the efficiency gains that are predicted? They look cool but trying to decide if these are a good deal. Same calculation an airline goes through when adding winglets.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
What would be the average ROI, in miles, for the efficiency gains that are predicted? They look cool but trying to decide if these are a good deal. Same calculation an airline goes through when adding winglets.

IPTV65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Exec
Clubs

Sponsored

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Planes are buying fuel, so ROI really matters. I don't think anyone on planet is trying to extend range as a means to ROI that cost. People want to extend range for that purpose, not for 'saving' on charging costs.

But that's up to you, maybe ROI matters!

Will they extend range....absolutely. Can you offset the cost to extend range by way of what you save on the charge?! ha ha, I guess if you like. First I have ever heard anyone trying to make range savings offset charging costs!

IPTV65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Exec
Clubs

Planes are buying fuel, so ROI really matters. I don't think anyone on planet is trying to extend range as a means to ROI that cost. People want to extend range for that purpose, not for 'saving' on charging costs.

But that's up to you, maybe ROI matters!

Will they extend range....absolutely. Can you offset the cost to extend range by way of what you save on the charge?! ha ha, I guess if you like. First I have ever heard anyone trying to make range savings offset charging costs!
Your initial post said “reduce your open wheel surface area (ie reduce aero drag)”. That is implying greater efficiency. No argument there. I am sure it does. How much you can reduce aero drag is a question. If you are marketing them that way the how much do I save question is one angle. The how much further can I go is another but I see no solid numbers around.that either. If you imply efficiency you need to be able to quantify value around it. If it’s just hey they look cool(which I personally really think they do) and the efficiency angle is just a small side bonus I am good with that too but it did not read that way to me. Not trying to bust your chops. They look very great and I well may order them up just for that reason alone. Cheers!

Last edited:

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
yes of course! keep in mind range tests are not easy and range will vary a lot based on many conditions....weather, wind, weight, terrain, tire pressure, HVAC load, traffic, turning, battery temp and charge, Rivian algorithm.....etc. The list is long. The aero inserts are definitely more 'aero efficient' than without. Folks will get as much as 20 mi range gain.
What were the results in average efficiency gains? Obviously a lot of variables but it isn’t difficult to drive the same routes multiple times with and without the covers and record the data.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

What were the results in average efficiency gains? Obviously a lot of variables but it isn’t difficult to drive the same routes multiple times with and without the covers and record the data.
10 -20 miles of range gain

Jabbahop

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘14 BMW i3, ‘19 BMW i3, ‘22 R1T -> ‘24 R1S Max
Occupation
retired
ordered. Hope they come before our trip across the country @ end of may.

Sponsored

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

ordered. Hope they come before our trip across the country @ end of may.
Thanks for the order! We'll look to get yours shipped asap - if any issues, I can loan you this set we used for photos!

Jabbahop

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘14 BMW i3, ‘19 BMW i3, ‘22 R1T -> ‘24 R1S Max
Occupation
retired
Thanks for the order! We'll look to get yours shipped asap - if any issues, I can loan you this set we used for photos!
wow - that would be great if there are delays on shipping. Thank you.

BTW - how difficult is it to put in and remove the inserts. I am wondering if we could use them to get to some of the remote utah locations on pavement and then quickly remove them when we go offroad. Having some extra miles between chargers would be useful.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Can you make a video of how they install and remove?

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Rivian Nation, we've taken a big step here!

Check these out - transform the look of your wheels & reduce your open wheel surface area (ie reduce aero drag)

We've been busy, been working on these for a long time - wasn't easy to get the injection molding tools nailed down and refine the press-in tab design, but we've got it nailed now! These are amazing!

As usual, early adopters will enjoy special discount pricing and free ship!

https://evsportline.com/products/rivian-aero-inserts

rivian-aero-cover-1 (1).jpg

1ev-rivian-r1s-wheel-aero-cover-r1s-installed-1.jpg
1ev-rivian-r1t-r1s-wheel-aero-cover-4.jpg

rivian-aero-cover-1-2 (2).jpg
Would you consider making a sunshade for the R1s roof for the summer?

quartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity PHEV
Clubs

These look great! Would be helpful to see side-by-side photos with and without inserts.
Sponsored