Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

a lot of companies are talking about being full electric by 2035 I don't think our power grid and infrastructure will be ready for that there's no way. At least not with clean energy.
15 years is a long time away. You forget that our infrstructure grew rapidly throughout the 30s pre-war and grew even faster post war. I choose to not underestimate American ingenuity.
Sponsored

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

Wired or induction, the problems I raised still apply when discussing the electrification of every parking spot at a hotel. My hope is that battery technology improvements will mean we never actually need to scale to chargers in every parking space (hotel, apartment, grocery store or otherwise).
I think the expectation you have versus the need is a little off. There isn't a fuel spigot at every hotel parking space today. Stopping and charging is similar to stopping and fueling. That infrastructure already exists and will be a lot less environmentally impactful than assuming we need a sharger at every parking space.

jimrichard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Toyota Tundra, 2017 Infiniti Q50
Occupation
Self
Well I have never owned a BEV car so don't have any experience with my charging needs yet. I did find it interesting to see this map thank you. Noticed that CA has over 10 times the number of charging stations than my home state of CO does. Some Tesla blogs also suggest that fast chargers are only needed for long distance travelers while most of us will only need to charge at home or at work which is why there are fewer of them. Rivian has plans to install 2 of the slower chargers at each of 44 CO state parks which is a start but will lead to some bad feelings toward whoever gets there first and is hogging those two chargers. Would be interesting to have several cords to plug into one charger with each vehicle getting a 20% boost before going to the next. Probably not going to happen soon but maybe some day.
Sponsored