Sponsored

The Competition Spotted - GMC Hummer EV

MW_Riley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1974 Land Cruiser 2000 Land Cruiser 2009 Ducati Sport Classic 1000S 2011Ducati StreetfighterS
I’m out here on a mountain biking vacation in Moab. Spotted these down the street.
Rivian R1T R1S The Competition Spotted - GMC Hummer EV BC0CABB4-02B9-4441-914B-0BDF8A7E1535
Rivian R1T R1S The Competition Spotted - GMC Hummer EV FFDF6443-825B-4F0E-8CDB-3163BCD105D5
Rivian R1T R1S The Competition Spotted - GMC Hummer EV 54A12BF4-D3FB-4834-8269-092BA5AC60F1
Rivian R1T R1S The Competition Spotted - GMC Hummer EV 822A3DCA-D1AE-47D0-A199-A631B7033A0F
Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I'd sure love to see more video of the Hummers in motion, including more footage of the crab walk feature. I'm not sure I get the value/use case for that move, but it is cool. On the other hand, I can see the potential for a tank turn coming in handy for more than just freaking out my friends (although that will be fun!)

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
It's so weird that they can't seem to find fenders or bumpers for their test vehicles.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I'd sure love to see more video of the Hummers in motion, including more footage of the crab walk feature. I'm not sure I get the value/use case for that move, but it is cool. On the other hand, I can see the potential for a tank turn coming in handy for more than just freaking out my friends (although that will be fun!)
I think crab walk has far more practical uses than tank turn since it can be done on pavement. Given the size of the truck, it could come in quite handy for getting in and out of tight spaces such as parallel parking.

Sponsored

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mercedes EQS SUV
I've never been a fan of Hummer, but I'll admit I find this one pretty cool.

The part I like best is a Hummer EV is going to give all of these Bro-dozers some serious envy.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
It's so weird that they can't seem to find fenders or bumpers for their test vehicles.
Looks like someone used them for target practice

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I think crab walk has far more practical uses than tank turn since it can be done on pavement. Given the size of the truck, it could come in quite handy for getting in and out of tight spaces such as parallel parking.
The two things I saw where it made sense was in the TV add in a tight canyon to walk sideways. The other was the Video in a crowded fast food line they decided to bail from and used it to get out of the line rather than the back and fourth to maneuver out.

I think like the Rivian tank turn, it is more fortuitous based on the vehicle design that they stumbled on rather than something they designed for. The fact the rear wheels turn make it very maneuverable and provides a pretty tight turning radius for the size of the beast. I'm sure someone said, you know, if we turned them both in the same direction we could move sideways, lets try that....

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Tells me they are pushing testing to get a product ready for launch. No real need to test bumper or molding.
Yeah, they obviously don't *need* them, and I actually think it's cool GM has the guts to stick the thing out in public half assembled and uncovered. Still makes me laugh they can't be bothered to at bolt on a couple of pieces of plastic. Makes me wonder what the inside looks like. ?

And I'm sure you're right. Their design process was significantly different (almost entirely digital) than in the past, so they're obviously pushing out a big test fleet.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Like a road sign in rural TX!
Literally any rural State.

Random, but Idaho has to remove mile marker 420 on one of the highways several years ago. ?

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Literally any rural State.

Random, but Idaho has to remove mile marker 420 on one of the highways several years ago. ?
With the removable roof on the Hummer, and with Super Cruise, you could shoot the road signs while standing up in the vehicle.:bandit:

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
With the removable roof on the Hummer, and with Super Cruise, you could shoot the road signs while standing up in the vehicle.:bandit:
That's how you hunt in South Dakota

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just mount a 50 cal on a swivel and you’d be all set!
Sponsored