DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I think crab walk has far more practical uses than tank turn since it can be done on pavement. Given the size of the truck, it could come in quite handy for getting in and out of tight spaces such as parallel parking.
I’m looking forward to test driving both of the R1T and the Hummer in the near future. In the case of the Rivian, I’m available to receive a call (and/or an actual R1T) on Monday, if anyone at the Mothership is reading this. As for the Hummer? Always up for receiving that as well.
Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Lobstahz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Tesla Model 3, Audi A4
Here is the video of 4 doing the crab walk in Moab:

Honest question, isn't the "crab walk" just 4-wheel steering? A neat technology, but not "new" per-say.
Chevy (GM) had it in the early 2000's on the Silverado, but apparently it didn't sell well. Seem's they've done a better job selling 4-wheel steering this time with marketing it as a "crab walk"

Audi has a nice little demo video of it as well showing the benefits when the rear wheels turn the same or opposite of the front wheels depending on the situation.

Overall on a vehicle this big, 4-wheel steering certainly seems like a nice option for making it more maneuverable in tight spaces

JeremyP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4runner, BMW I3, preordered R1S
Occupation
Engineer
I saw two of the hummers driving through downtown Grand Junction today, looked just like ones that had been in Moab.

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

With the removable roof on the Hummer, and with Super Cruise, you could shoot the road signs while standing up in the vehicle.:bandit:
Actually, I think I've seen that practice recently as part of some "mostly peaceful" protests, though it was old-school, with a driver.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
I’m looking forward to test driving both of the R1T and the Hummer in the near future. In the case of the Rivian, I’m available to receive a call (and/or an actual R1T) on Monday, if anyone at the Mothership is reading this. As for the Hummer? Always up for receiving that as well.
I have to get an airbag replaced (recall) on my GMC Sierra on Tuesday at the dealership where I have my Hummer reservation. I am going to see if the owner has an ETA on their demo Hummer, which is supposed to come this fall. I did get to see the prototype at Barret Jackson back in March.

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
I have to get an airbag replaced (recall) on my GMC Sierra on Tuesday at the dealership where I have my Hummer reservation. I am going to see if the owner has an ETA on their demo Hummer, which is supposed to come this fall. I did get to see the prototype at Barret Jackson back in March.
I have a launch edition on preorder too, have heard ZILCH as well. Worse than Rivian hehehe if that is possible.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
I have a launch edition on preorder too, have heard ZILCH as well. Worse than Rivian hehehe if that is possible.
At least I got to see a Hummer in person and GM has allowed online reviews of it.

EVSport7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Kia Sorento Hybrid
So cool. Price on this one is too high, but they talked about with the second gen Ultium they were looking at 450mi range and 60% price reduction on the battery. Should be good then. Only 5+ more years ?

Sponsored

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
At least I got to see a Hummer in person and GM has allowed online reviews of it.
I've seen both the R1T and R1S and read online reviews of both vehicles, so what is your point?

Lobstahz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Tesla Model 3, Audi A4

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I'm the one that should be really exited for the Hummer EV and its just not as cool as the R1T nothing is revolutionary or game changing thats what the original Hummer was about.

cwoodcox

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Software Engineer