Sponsored

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Quick review: Imma calling it the Thong Guard. Sexy, high quality, expensive, but barely there. Not that there’s anything wrong with that on the right rig. High on form, a bit low on function.

Rears have two existing OEM T20 screws and washers that align and should hold these with the 3M VHB. Could use another inch or two of VHB at the bottom which I will add shortly.

Fronts are VHB tape only and do not cover aero openings as discussed above. While they are small and with the proper IPA cleaning, adhesion promotor, and VHB application seem sufficient, glob on some caked snow and ice and feels like they will be pricey donations to the highway or trail gods.

Rivian R1T R1S The Carbon Guards Intro. Carbon Fiber / Kevlar Mud Flaps For Rivian R1T & R1S 3D5A1D33-F8EB-451E-84F9-8FC9064C093D

Rivian R1T R1S The Carbon Guards Intro. Carbon Fiber / Kevlar Mud Flaps For Rivian R1T & R1S 7DD0AD62-270C-40BC-B5D3-E24210EDF8FA

Rivian R1T R1S The Carbon Guards Intro. Carbon Fiber / Kevlar Mud Flaps For Rivian R1T & R1S 7D6B8F23-68EB-4395-9AE8-F0C9407B5DBB

Rivian R1T R1S The Carbon Guards Intro. Carbon Fiber / Kevlar Mud Flaps For Rivian R1T & R1S D2D13598-6159-4051-BB26-72B09AD6E9DF
Rivian R1T R1S The Carbon Guards Intro. Carbon Fiber / Kevlar Mud Flaps For Rivian R1T & R1S 19C45AEF-828A-495E-B936-F1279DB15D66
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheCarbonGuards

TheCarbonGuards

Site Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theoriginalcarbonguards.com
Vehicles
Super73 RX
Occupation
Mud flap connoisseur
Quick review: Imma calling it the Thong Guard. Sexy, high quality, expensive, but barely there. Not that there’s anything wrong with that on the right rig. High on form, a bit low on function.

Rears have two existing OEM T20 screws and washers that align and should hold these with the 3M VHB. Could use another inch or two of VHB at the bottom which I will add shortly.

Fronts are VHB tape only and do not cover aero openings as discussed above. While they are small and with the proper IPA cleaning, adhesion promotor, and VHB application seem sufficient, glob on some caked snow and ice and feels like they will be pricey donations to the highway or trail gods.

3D5A1D33-F8EB-451E-84F9-8FC9064C093D.jpeg

7DD0AD62-270C-40BC-B5D3-E24210EDF8FA.jpeg

7D6B8F23-68EB-4395-9AE8-F0C9407B5DBB.jpeg

D2D13598-6159-4051-BB26-72B09AD6E9DF.jpeg
19C45AEF-828A-495E-B936-F1279DB15D66.jpeg
Amazing! Thank you for the in depth review! The reason we keep them mostly flush with the chassis in that lower profile form is to keep them from tearing off on the trails. We focus on protecting the paint along the sides of the vehicle (fenders, doors, quarter panels, etc) and retaining to ground clearance. As long as they were installed properly they will not fall off on the highway or trails guaranteed :).

If you have any issues with them in the future please reach out! All of our Carbon Guards are guaranteed for life!

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I like the low profile of these splash guards. Looking good!

The front guards appear to have a little more poke than the rear. Are the front fixed or is the owner able to pull them in closer for a more low profile look.

OP
OP
TheCarbonGuards

TheCarbonGuards

Site Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Super73 RX
Occupation
Mud flap connoisseur
I like the low profile of these splash guards. Looking good!

The front guards appear to have a little more poke than the rear. Are the front fixed or is the owner able to pull them in closer for a more low profile look.
Hey! They’re pretty firm in terms of fit and where they sit. The fronts are generally made wider because there’s more body panel to cover. The rear only has to protect the paint on the rear bumper.

OP
OP
TheCarbonGuards

TheCarbonGuards

Site Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Super73 RX
Occupation
Mud flap connoisseur
In for installation pics!! I cant wait to get my honeycomb!!
Coming soon to a Rivian near you! A new honeycomb panel is coming off the press any day now, yours should ship this new week!

Sponsored

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Thank you for your order! I can’t wait to see them installed :).

Yezzir, we’re going to start work on one, maybe two fender vent plug options. Neither will interfere with the Carbon Guards or require the Carbon Guards.

John

Bump for the crotchless panty plugs. Coming s00n?

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Another happy customer here! Went for the forged carbon ones. Install was straightforward but you need to pay attention to what you are doing with timing of the primer, etc.

Rivian R1T R1S The Carbon Guards Intro. Carbon Fiber / Kevlar Mud Flaps For Rivian R1T & R1S 70FFEE1A-9BEF-4B14-B099-117DB3315DEB

Rivian R1T R1S The Carbon Guards Intro. Carbon Fiber / Kevlar Mud Flaps For Rivian R1T & R1S B595B93F-EA62-42F3-BD87-B262A51A781E

Rivian R1T R1S The Carbon Guards Intro. Carbon Fiber / Kevlar Mud Flaps For Rivian R1T & R1S IMG_2350

Rivian R1T R1S The Carbon Guards Intro. Carbon Fiber / Kevlar Mud Flaps For Rivian R1T & R1S IMG_2349

Deacon

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Thank you for your order! I can’t wait to see them installed :).

Yezzir, we’re going to start work on one, maybe two fender vent plug options. Neither will interfere with the Carbon Guards or require the Carbon Guards.

John
I placed an order for carbon guards, received them, installed them. The front ones came off. I discussed it with a service rep and ordered more adhesive in order to reinstall them - that was on March 23. I was told that the adhesive would be shipped next day. Still have received it. USPS tracking has not received it yet either. There is no phone # to call and emails have not been answered. I am getting very frustrated. l would like for someone from Carbon Guards to contact me ASAP.

jpmc86

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mercedes GLK 250, 2009 Mercedes E63
Occupation
Engineer
These guys are a scam. Watch out for them.

DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM.

Ordered back in June, sent funds through Zelle. Said they would ship end of week. Contacted them a week later, was forwarded to the “orders team” through an email - no response.

Been texting the guy by the name of John and basically just rides you without any concise information for shipment.

If you Google this company you will find many scam posts.

Sponsored

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
These guys are a scam. Watch out for them.

DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM.

Ordered back in June, sent funds through Zelle. Said they would ship end of week. Contacted them a week later, was forwarded to the “orders team” through an email - no response.

Been texting the guy by the name of John and basically just rides you without any concise information for shipment.

If you Google this company you will find many scam posts.
I'm sorry about your experience but was very happy with @TheCarbonGuards for both customer service and product. No issues with recommending their product or company to anyone.

jpmc86

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mercedes GLK 250, 2009 Mercedes E63
Occupation
Engineer
It seems YMMV honestly.

After I threatened to post on multiple sites and on Reddit he immediately shipped and sent me a tracking number.

Let’s see what arrives.

OP
OP
TheCarbonGuards

TheCarbonGuards

Site Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Super73 RX
Occupation
Mud flap connoisseur
For what it’s worth, and I’m sure this is lighting a fire, but who actually (seriously, who really cares) cares.

I’m pretty sure we explained to the customer we had disabled website sales because we needed to be focusing on our backlog work and building hundreds of sets of inventory for the summer. We decided to do him the favor taking his order anyway. A few weeks late, and maybe a dozen threats or so, client grew angry. It didn’t help that we didn’t take his threats seriously lol.

Everybody that gets angry thinks the Internet rep is something they can use their advantage. In those instances I completely welcome the customer posting up his experience, while citing someone else’s too. That’s what I did, and that’s when he decided to post. Tough guys on the internet, what can you say.

We ship on Fridays and Saturdays. Customers order shipped today. He demanded next day air, but we did two day air instead. So it should arrive Tuesday. Please don’t think it was actually because he had threatened us. He spent two weeks threatening us.

We still have a few Rivian orders to fulfill, we’ll be shipping those tomorrow. This new week we’re building x2 dozen sets which will be available in July after we finish building our new website.

If you need an emergency set sooner pm jpmc86. His stomach might not be able to handle installing our Guards after this, I’m sure he’ll offer them at a loss.

There’s also another brand of mud guards for the Rivian circulating the web. They’re not made in the US like ours they’re imported, don’t come with a Kevlar infused back side, and don’t even come with pre applied PPF like ours, but that’s what’s available.

Happy National Turtle day to all!
Sponsored