Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theoriginalcarbonguards.com
Vehicles
Super73 RX
Occupation
Mud flap connoisseur
Hello all! First I’d like to thank Jay the Admin for allowing us to be official vendors and sponsors of this forum. I’d also like to thank you Jay for giving us the benefit of the doubt and the chance to show you all what we're about, even after the side show that unfolded on the 9th of last week on these forums. This is our official response with reference to the link at the bottom of this post.

Over the years I've had many reliability issues for a number of reasons. For the better half of my career I've always wanted to have a foot in everything. The largest issue I had before was that I'd often bite off more than I could chew in order to not miss an opportunity. Other issues were putting trust in the wrong employees, and partnering up with the wrong people. After I hired my first real group of employees last year, I learned the value of turning down certain work, certain people, and focusing on a few key products. One of them being the Carbon Guards.

Our Carbon Guards are the largest part of our company and I specifically employ several employees just for that. This winter the goal is to develop and launch a whole line of composite parts for the Rivian models under a new brand called ORC (Off Road Composites). This is going to be our EV 4x4 brand.

My goal right now is to offer one product to the Rivian community and that is our Carbon Guards. These were designed and manufactured in house here in Chicago on two local member's Rivian models (R1T and R1S). Production is limited currently because we also produce Carbon Guards for almost 400 other vehicles. We're also working to fulfill other current orders as well. We'll be capping our production to 6 sets a week for the R1S and R1T models. As we hire more employees (currently we have ads out to hire x4 employees) our production numbers will increase.

The purpose of this post is to not only let forum members know that we’re aware of the concerns, but to finally put an end to it by way of providing a positive experience with every single order

Manufactured since 2015 in Chicago. Tested and abused world wide for almost 8 years.

I appreciate you all who have read this, I know it’s a strange way to start, but I’m looking forward to growing our brands here with all of you!

The Carbon Guards

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/scammer-alert-https-www-thecarbonguards-com.10005/

For what its worth.. In response to this thread directly. OP claims on the 9th of November that he is still working with his bank to get funds returned. Here’s our side of it.

On the 12th of August Customer placed order, Customer Chargeback came through only 3 weeks later on the 2nd of September, funds were drafted to give back to Customer on the 5th of September, chargeback officially closed in Customer's favor on 21st of October with no contest from us during any point of the Chargeback. Why Customer spends so much time traveling the WWW to claim that he's still fighting the Chargeback is beyond me, and I don't care.

I won’t discuss the matters further, we’re here for a different reason :).

The Carbon Guards
Sponsored

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Ordered the CF Guards 11/5 for the R1T, looking forward to getting them late this week.

@TheCarbonGuards, you had also indicated that a solution to cover the front wheel fender openings would also be available s00n?

Thanks.

OP
OP
TheCarbonGuards

TheCarbonGuards

Site Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Super73 RX
Occupation
Mud flap connoisseur
Ordered the CF Guards 11/5 for the R1T, looking forward to getting them late this week.

@TheCarbonGuards, you had also indicated that a solution to cover the front wheel fender openings would also be available s00n?

Thanks.
Thank you for your order! I can’t wait to see them installed :).

Yezzir, we’re going to start work on one, maybe two fender vent plug options. Neither will interfere with the Carbon Guards or require the Carbon Guards.

John

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Cant wait for my set and all the new products you have coming down the road. Will be posting up pics!

I know you have a BF sale going on right now but when it stops I think RIVIAN10 will work as a coupon code as well for the original group buy I setup.

OP
OP
TheCarbonGuards

TheCarbonGuards

Site Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Super73 RX
Occupation
Mud flap connoisseur
Cant wait for my set and all the new products you have coming down the road. Will be posting up pics!

I know you have a BF sale going on right now but when it stops I think RIVIAN10 will work as a coupon code as well for the original group buy I setup.
Exactly. RIVIAN10 will always be live as a coupon code :).

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
They look great!

Lifetime warranty for real?

OP
OP
TheCarbonGuards

TheCarbonGuards

Site Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Super73 RX
Occupation
Mud flap connoisseur
They look great!

Lifetime warranty for real?
Lifetime warranty on the carbon fiber yes. Some people don't think that they can hang, but thats because we're all used to seeing chipped front splitters and rear diffusers. We use a completely different kind of epoxy compared to what most companies use in their aero parts. We also use a unique layup procedure with our fibers which allow for greater flex on the 0/90.

They're all finished with Xpel clear bra so that can be easily replaced. Thats not under any guarantee because it will see its share of wear and tear. But when its time to refresh it you just go to your local PPF shop. All they have to do is remove and replace the film. No wait time with having to have them clear coated by a body shop every few years.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
^ sounds great!

Sure wish I had a truck to install them on 😞

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
To be clear, 100% adhesive mounting with zero screws?

OP
OP
TheCarbonGuards

TheCarbonGuards

Site Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Super73 RX
Occupation
Mud flap connoisseur
To be clear, 100% adhesive mounting with zero screws?
NO drilling is the best way to describe it. Front is 3M VHB only with the assistance of 3M Primer 94 adhesive promoter (included with every order). The rear uses OEM mounting hardware along the wheel well's edge, with the assistance of 3M VHB tape.

Sponsored

vetmann

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Tesla Model YP, ZR1, Boxster, BMW
I can't get the site to work. it keeps taking me to amazon pay and then says it doesn't work

OP
OP
TheCarbonGuards

TheCarbonGuards

Site Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Super73 RX
Occupation
Mud flap connoisseur
I can't get the site to work. it keeps taking me to amazon pay and then says it doesn't work
We’re switching to a better processor so for the time being we’ll ship first and billing via invoice.