Sponsored

The best color to hide dirt and paint imperfections?

JoulesVerne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE, 2022 Ioniq 5 SEL
Pollen is a huge factor where I live. It goes great with Launch Green!
Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I’m going with white. I don’t care about keeping my truck spotless and looking perfect. It’s a truck. I won’t hand wash much at all. ,ost will be through touch less automatic car washes. I know it’s bad but I don’t have time to hand wash nor do I want to spend thousands on PPF. Just my choice.

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
I've had most of the colors offered on other vehicles previously, and yellow was by far the best in my experience, followed by silver. In my area at least, white is horrible if driven in the rain, and we get a lot of rain. Dark gray (El Cap) was good for rain/road spray, but bad for dust/pollen. I suspect Limestone will do well too.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I'm super lazy when it comes to washing my cars, so a color that can hide dirt well is pretty important. My current car is white specifically because of that. I had a black car (which I actually think looks best brand new and clean) before that consistently looked terrible with dirt and paint imperfections. I had configured white originally knowing how well my car shows 2-3 weeks after washing, but I updated to blue as I wanted something new. I've not heard how well Blue shows while dirty. I read in the forms that yellow was pretty good. What color do folks feel look best between washes, with scratches, etc.?
Come on now, lets plan on washing the R1 at least twice a month.

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
If you get a lot of rock chips where you live.. .think long and hard about white. Unfortunately, the primer under the white is dark gray or even black and shows through something terrible once the white chips off due to rocks. Ask me how I know this.... :mad:

EDIT.. of course full front end PPF should help tremendously if installed immediately on delivery.

OP
OP
ohseedee

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I thought this video was helpful. Confirms blue (even thought it's my favorite) wouldn't be a good choice. Limestone, white, silver look pretty clean. There is no yellow in the video, but I assume that would also look good.

OP
OP
ohseedee

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
My goal of this thread was to help narrow my color choice from Blue (my #1) to White (my safe/clean pick) and lock it in ahead of the new delivery windows. Instead of narrowing it down, I've added Silver, limestone, and yellow (+white/blue) to the list of options list. Cool...

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
^ I just changed from FG which I love, back to my original choice of LA Silver from 2021 because of the water spotting on darker Rivian colors. I had a silver 2003 Honda CRV till 2015 and the silver still looked great after 12 yrs/150K miles. Silver is hands down the easiest to keep clean...

Sponsored

OP
OP
ohseedee

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
^ I just changed from FG which I love, back to my original choice of LA Silver from 2021 because of the water spotting on darker Rivian colors. I had a silver 2003 Honda CRV till 2015 and the silver still looked great after 12 yrs/150K miles. Silver is hands down the easiest to keep clean...
I had a Silver Tacoma from 2002-2007 and remains my favorite car I've owned to-date. Tons of great memories. The one and only truck I've ever owned. There could be a nostalgia factor going with Silver R1T for sure...

feedairy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Tacoma, R1T preorder
My silver tacoma hides dirt much better than my grey Tesla, if that's of any use to you.

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
As you age, your eye sight will go and you won't notice any dust, scratches, dents or even the car itself. Just joking.

I'm going from two black cars (see below) to a silver R1S. I love the black cars but they take a lot of upkeep to keep looking great. I had a silver car that was very easy to keep clean. However, you didn't get that deep clean look no matter how hard you worked it. The lighter colours tend to be easier. I am too busy now to spend so much time on my cars so I'm getting something a bit more low maintenance. I plan to use Griots 3-1 ceramic wax twice a year, and rinse the car off once or twice a month. That should keep it relatively clean.

Rivian R1T R1S The best color to hide dirt and paint imperfections? Alfa2
Rivian R1T R1S The best color to hide dirt and paint imperfections? Alfa3

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

I don’t know about that second half of the question, but “the best color” part is Compass Yellow.
Sponsored