First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, C3 Corvette
Occupation
IT
In reading other threads I'm glad I am not the only one who can't seem to decide between the Launch and Forest Green. I am hoping to collect as many real life pictures of each together in this thread and commiserate with other members of indecisive team green. Not only does every picture look so different but it seems every day I look at the same picture comparison and I like the other one more! I've never had a green vehicle before and have always been "boring" with my color choices (silver/grey & black). Although I did have a red Celica for a few of my teenage years. I am set on one version of green for the R1T. I've been polling the family: the wife (who doesn't care about cars) likes Forest Green; my brother who is a Rivian fan says to go with Forest Green as well. I am torn between the two and my mother who drives around in an orange C8 and is a car nut likes Launch green (reminds her of her first car - Green 67' Firebird). I like the exclusivity of LG but feel like in a lot of the pictures the paint just looks dull. FG seems to be more rich and have more character based on the pictures I've seen. I saw on FB someone thought the LG was similar to the Land Rover Pangea Green but I don't see it. Pangea Green looks much more metallic and more green to me.

This is the comparison I made when we got the first LG pics, I think they were from @DuckTruck - Thanks again for sharing your experience. This picture of forest green was what cemented my decision to join team green. I've had this comparison up on my computer the past week and every day I seem to be strongly leaning one way or the other.
If you go with LG/FE, there will be at least two of these in MD!
Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

If you go with LG/FE, there will be at least two of these in MD!

Im still trying to convince the wife but she has her mind set on White!

giraffesR1T

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, C3 Corvette
Occupation
IT
Im still trying to convince the wife but she has her mind set on White!
I was set on white/FE for the R1S, which was my initial LE order. Then I switched to the R1T, kept the same configuration. However, @DuckTruck changed that when he showed pics of the LG. So I think I am set now.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I was set on white/FE for the R1S, which was my initial LE order. Then I switched to the R1T, kept the same configuration. However, @DuckTruck changed that when he showed pics of the LG. So I think I am set now.

If they have a NYC event ill definitely be trying to go up to see colors in person as I doubt they'd bring anything down here.

giraffesR1T

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, C3 Corvette
Occupation
IT
If they have a NYC event ill definitely be trying to go up to see colors in person as I doubt they'd bring anything down here.
Thats my plan too. Whenever they announce the locations, Ill def be going to the closest one. I would ASSUME they would be near some of the service centers. Fingers crossed.

Sponsored

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
Joe - I am in the same boat as you. Initially configured FG, but now that I have seen the videos and more pictures I'm wondering if LG would be better (I am set on Black interior - until I see others in person where it could change). To complicate matters Canyon Red looks pretty good to me in the most recent pictures. My current truck is red, so I am partial to that look...

Hoping whenever/wherever I attend a drive event there are a lot of options on display. That may solidify my choices - or perhaps make it harder! Yellow???

OP
OP

Lucanjo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80, Honda Ridgeline, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I’m planning on heading up there too. Have a coworker who is a preorder holder but not on the forums. Likely heading up there with him. We’ll need to get a MD meet up going.

OP
OP

Lucanjo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Joe - I am in the same boat as you. Initially configured FG, but now that I have seen the videos and more pictures I'm wondering if LG would be better (I am set on Black interior - until I see others in person where it could change). To complicate matters Canyon Red looks pretty good to me in the most recent pictures. My current truck is red, so I am partial to that look...

Hoping whenever/wherever I attend a drive event there are a lot of options on display. That may solidify my choices - or perhaps make it harder! Yellow???
Luckily I’m firm with the green(s), although there really isn’t a color I don’t like. The different colors give the truck very different “personalities”, more so than a lot of other vehicles, which I think is very cool.

I am a little nervous about heading up to NYC and seeing them in person and coming back on team yellow, or blue … or red… white… black…!

giraffesR1T

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, C3 Corvette
Occupation
IT
I’m planning on heading up there too. Have a coworker who is a preorder holder but not on the forums. Likely heading up there with him. We’ll need to get a MD meet up going.
Im down for a MD meetup too!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Lucanjo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Ill be in PA enough. Im originally from Cental PA and visit regularly. So I can always meet up there too.
I’m northern MD so only 20 minutes or so from the PA border.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Rivian R1T R1S The Battle of The Greens 20210827_091040

One of my favorite watches and color combinations and now this is making me think if FG w/ the Gold Rivian Logo is the color I want.

Edit : This picture does not do justice for how good this green is in person !

OP
OP

Lucanjo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

20210827_091040.jpg

One of my favorite watches and color combinations and now this is making me think if FG w/ the Gold Rivian Logo is the color I want.

Edit : This picture does not do justice for how good this green is in person !
That is a great color combo and beautiful watch. That brown band reminds me of the darker wood in the forest edge interior. Wish I could get that wood with the light interior. Worried FG and FE would be too much green.

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
+2!
I’m currently configured with FG and Ocean. I like the combo but curious to see how LG looks with Ocean too. For some reason I feel like it would clash and the forest edge is the way to go with LG.
+3 to this config, and hopeful for some feedback!

I'm guessing the Ocean Coast interior is similar to the Volvo "blond" coloring that is my wife's XC90, so I'm trying to picture that with LG. Anyone who has seen Ocean in person - does that sound close?
Sponsored