DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I was set on white/FE for the R1S, which was my initial LE order. Then I switched to the R1T, kept the same configuration. However, @DuckTruck changed that when he showed pics of the LG. So I think I am set now.
Giraffe,

WELCOME TO THE MEAN GREEN TEAM!!!

I think you'll love that LG/FE combo in the R1T. I had high hopes for it going to Normal, and Rivian just absolutely nailed it. Are you going with the AT's as well? As I've been chanting out loud for the last four weeks:

" L.G./F.E./A.T./4.ME! "

Sure, people look at me a little differently, but with our new mask mandate, and with my earbuds in, most just nod approvingly and assume I'm singing along to Taylor Swift, or Iron Butterfly. Kind of depends on the style of air drumming I've got going.

It's also weirdly uncanny how many people correctly guess as to my recent whereabouts. I must be famous or something, as many people I don't even know have stared at me and, even with my mask on, recognize me, as they say things like, "I think that guy left Normal awhile ago!"

Hidden benefit to all this? It really shortens the lines everywhere I go. Try it the next time you go for coffee.....or shopping.

If you're in a real hurry, be sure to belt it out with gusto.....

Again, welcome aboard and enjoy all your newly freed-up time!
Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

That is a great color combo and beautiful watch. That brown band reminds me of the darker wood in the forest edge interior. Wish I could get that wood with the light interior. Worried FG and FE would be too much green.
That is a beautiful watch!

I thought the combo of LG & FE might be too much, as well, until I saw them together. As always, it's a personal thing. The FE is much more muted than in the Configurator.

Here's my favorite Launch Green found in nature. Ironically, Max is trying to sneak out the back gate to get to the Forest Edge. His green eyes change with the light, no matter the nature of his Adventure.
Rivian R1T R1S The Battle of The Greens 20140621_101120
Rivian R1T R1S The Battle of The Greens 20140621_101114

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
That is a great color combo and beautiful watch. That brown band reminds me of the darker wood in the forest edge interior. Wish I could get that wood with the light interior. Worried FG and FE would be too much green.
What's even more interesting is that the similarities between this watch and Rivian.

This watch is called the Alpinist and Seiko built this in the 60s, as a watch intended for mountain climbers, which was the inspiration for this watch. It was built to handle rugged terrains and maintain accuracy, and the compass dial you see on the face of the watch is used to find directions.

So this watch and Rivian for me is a match made in the mountains :D

And this has convinced me even more, to go with the forest green !

JEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, 2016 Volvo S60
Occupation
Technical Support
That is a beautiful watch!

I thought the combo of LG & FE might be too much, as well, until I saw them together. As always, it's a personal thing. The FE is much more muted than in the Configurator.

Here's my favorite Launch Green found in nature. Ironically, Max is trying to sneak out the back gate to get to the Forest Edge. His green eyes change with the light, no matter the nature of his Adventure.
20140621_101120.jpg
20140621_101114.jpg

Hey Duck, thanks for confirming the FE interior is more muted than the configurator. I have the same configuration as you ( R1T LE, LG, FE, 20"AT) and have been that way since the beginning. It reminds me of the Lime Gold 67 Mustang I had in my younger days, though my memory could be a little muted.

I was concerned that the FE interior looked darker in this picture from the factory. It must be the lighting.
Rivian R1T R1S The Battle of The Greens 1630256500594

OP
OP

Lucanjo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80, Honda Ridgeline, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Sponsored

Wags

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback
Clubs

Thanks @DuckTruck for pointing out the that the front facia of the truck they used to take a swim in RJs twitter post looks to be Launch Green but the rest is Forest Green.
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/real-rivian-photos-videos.885/post-51167
I got two screen grabs from that video, one in full sun, the other in shade.

LGFGSun.png

LGFGShade.png

This weekend I was liking LG, now I'm back on FG. Oh how my guide is going to hate me :p
AAAAAAAHHHHH Joe what have you done to me!!! I was a happy non-participating preorder holder watching this forum and now you've made me an active participant! :angry:

Hi All - Joe and I are friends and I'm also in Maryland. I'm a long time lurker and first time poster.
I have an R1T preorder for limestone but I've been watching the greens closely as I like green - I used to have a Volvo XC90 in light green. I was hoping the limestone would have a hint of green in it. Like everyone else now that we are seeing photos of the actual colors on vehicles I'm disappointed that the configurator was sooooo different, but to be fair greens can be tricky to render.
Now thanks to Joe I'm torn between limestone, launch green and forest green.

Joe and I were discussing making a road trip up to NYC to see these colors IRL. I was musing on combining it with a visit to a local distillery/microbrewery and possibly checking Bethpage Black off of my bucket list. Anyone near Maryland want to meet up with me and Joe let us know.

Has anyone heard when these events are going to happen?

OP
OP

Lucanjo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

AAAAAAAHHHHH Joe what have you done to me!!! I was a happy non-participating preorder holder watching this forum and now you've made me an active participant! :angry:

Hi All - Joe and I are friends and I'm also in Maryland. I'm a long time lurker and first time poster.
I have an R1T preorder for limestone but I've been watching the greens closely as I like green - I used to have a Volvo XC90 in light green. I was hoping the limestone would have a hint of green in it. Like everyone else now that we are seeing photos of the actual colors on vehicles I'm disappointed that the configurator was sooooo different, but to be fair greens can be tricky to render.

Joe and I were discussing making a road trip up to NYC to see these colors IRL. I was musing on combining it with a visit to a local distillery/microbrewery and possibly checking Bethpage Black off of my bucket list. Anyone near Maryland want to meet up with me and Joe let us know.

Henry! Glad I was finally able to pull you into the forums! Welcome!

OP
OP

Lucanjo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Was emailing with CS today and the response I received was “we're launching our demo drive program next month, which will give you a chance to see the vehicles in person or at home for a demonstration.” So it sounds like it’s happening so… “right around the corner” - thanks @godfodder0901

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce

Troeggs or Levante or Victory or Root Down (best IPA beer at Denver 2018 Great American Beer Festival and my home town) are all good side stop brewery’s through Philly area on your way! Im thinking about NYC as well

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Was emailing with CS today and the response I received was “we're launching our demo drive program next month, which will give you a chance to see the vehicles in person or at home for a demonstration.” So it sounds like it’s happening so… “right around the corner” - thanks @godfodder0901
CS told me today that a newsletter detailing the demo tour c/w signup deets could go out this week if things are finalized in time. I surmise pandemic round 2 is getting in the way.

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

@DuckTruck you've seen both greens... I'm wondering if the ocean coast interior would go with Launch Green well enough. I know the green interior will look good with LG, and I think ocean looks good with Forest Green from all the past videos, but we have not seen LG with ocean. As an eyewitness, what is your opinion?
cwinters & @Lucanjo,

Somehow your earlier question about the Launch Green and Ocean Coast combo slipped by me. I'm not the biggest fan of the light interior for many reasons, but if you're sold on it, I think it could look OK with Launch Green. That said, I really think that paint shade looks better with either Forest Edge or Black Mountain inside.

I do think the Ocean Coast looks much better with the Forest Green than the LG.

I got a kick out of @Babbuino's above response to @electruck asking about a CS response to questions about the two green shades:

"Lolz, that too. On top of that she said the LG is more army green / gray, and a bit dull in her opinion. FG looks more elegant overall. Also, and I'm paraphrasing, if you want a green color, then get the forest green, or don't get any green. ?"

To me, I agree that the Forest Green is much more elegant than the Launch Green. In my case, I'm not looking for the elegant side of this vehicle, rather, I like the unique nature of LG and the fact I think it'll hide dirt fairly well, especially if I wrap it in matted XPEL. I think the Forest Edge interior will also allow dust and dirt to be hidden better until a car wash is availabe.

The other big plus for the two darker Interiors is much less light bouncing around the interior of the cabin and off the windows. I'm hypersensitive to reflective light coming off the windows, and don't much care for any bright shiny bits inside my interior. To me, the FE interior is the perfect mix for knocking down the reflected light from the windows while also hiding dirt and dust better than Black Mountain will.

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
The Launch Green appears to be exactly what I was hoping for! Should be nice and stealthy on the back roads for our nature photography hobby.
Rivian R1T R1S The Battle of The Greens RivianLE in LG2

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Uh, duck. You best let that cat out. It's got that 'The Shinning' look upon it! ;)
You're right! I can almost hear him now:

"All work and no play, makes Max a dull boy,
All work and no play, makes Max a dull boy...."

Rivian R1T R1S The Battle of The Greens 1632510743385
Rivian R1T R1S The Battle of The Greens forum
Sponsored