Lucanjo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80, Honda Ridgeline, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

In reading other threads I'm glad I am not the only one who can't seem to decide between the Launch and Forest Green. I am hoping to collect as many real life pictures of each together in this thread and commiserate with other members of indecisive team green. Not only does every picture look so different but it seems every day I look at the same picture comparison and I like the other one more! I've never had a green vehicle before and have always been "boring" with my color choices (silver/grey & black). Although I did have a red Celica for a few of my teenage years. I am set on one version of green for the R1T. I've been polling the family: the wife (who doesn't care about cars) likes Forest Green; my brother who is a Rivian fan says to go with Forest Green as well. I am torn between the two and my mother who drives around in an orange C8 and is a car nut likes Launch green (reminds her of her first car - Green 67' Firebird). I like the exclusivity of LG but feel like in a lot of the pictures the paint just looks dull. FG seems to be more rich and have more character based on the pictures I've seen. I saw on FB someone thought the LG was similar to the Land Rover Pangea Green but I don't see it. Pangea Green looks much more metallic and more green to me.

This is the comparison I made when we got the first LG pics, I think they were from @DuckTruck - Thanks again for sharing your experience. This picture of forest green was what cemented my decision to join team green. I've had this comparison up on my computer the past week and every day I seem to be strongly leaning one way or the other.

Rivian R1T R1S The Battle of The Greens LGvsFG
Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
After reading your post, it sounds to me that you actually have a preference for forest green. Stick with that until you get a chance to see the colors in person. The majority of us will likely not have to commit to an order before getting the opportunity to attend a test drive event (or at the very least see more photos and videos from these events).

That being said, I don’t think we can go wrong either way with both these colors!

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I'm not a fan of green but the forest green looks classy and adventurous in my opinion. launch green does have a cool military olive drab vibe.

OP
OP

Lucanjo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

After reading your post, it sounds to me that you actually have a preference for forest green. Stick with that until you get a chance to see the colors in person. The majority of us will likely not have to commit to an order before getting the opportunity to attend a test drive event (or at the very least see more photos and videos from these events).

That being said, I don’t think we can go wrong either way with both these colors!
I have always preferred forest green vs the launch green render but now that LG is in the wild and it looks nothing like the render it has reignited the struggle!

I will definitely need to see them both in person before making the final decision but I am far too impatient. So I will continue to waffle back and forth and annoy my wife with every new LG/FG picture until she snaps and tells me to just pick one and STFU already! At that point I will just suffer in silence.

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
In reading other threads I'm glad I am not the only one who can't seem to decide between the Launch and Forest Green. I am hoping to collect as many real life pictures of each together in this thread and commiserate with other members of indecisive team green. Not only does every picture look so different but it seems every day I look at the same picture comparison and I like the other one more! I've never had a green vehicle before and have always been "boring" with my color choices (silver/grey & black). Although I did have a red Celica for a few of my teenage years. I am set on one version of green for the R1T. I've been polling the family: the wife (who doesn't care about cars) likes Forest Green; my brother who is a Rivian fan says to go with Forest Green as well. I am torn between the two and my mother who drives around in an orange C8 and is a car nut likes Launch green (reminds her of her first car - Green 67' Firebird). I like the exclusivity of LG but feel like in a lot of the pictures the paint just looks dull. FG seems to be more rich and have more character based on the pictures I've seen. I saw on FB someone thought the LG was similar to the Land Rover Pangea Green but I don't see it. Pangea Green looks much more metallic and more green to me.

This is the comparison I made when we got the first LG pics, I think they were from @DuckTruck - Thanks again for sharing your experience. This picture of forest green was what cemented my decision to join team green. I've had this comparison up on my computer the past week and every day I seem to be strongly leaning one way or the other.

LGvsFG.png
This roundtable video might help... it really shows FG and LG side-by-side indoors, behind RJ. It gives a good look at how they differ from each other.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Lucanjo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

This roundtable video might help... it really shows FG and LG side-by-side indoors, behind RJ. It gives a good look at how they differ from each other.

Thank you! I watched that whole Q&A Saturday night and didn’t notice the two greens in the background next to each other. In my defense it was after a pool party had just ended and I was sitting out back by the fire pit finishing my n-th bourbon of the night. I took a few screen grabs from the video. Should hold me over for a few hours!

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
@DuckTruck you've seen both greens... I'm wondering if the ocean coast interior would go with Launch Green well enough. I know the green interior will look good with LG, and I think ocean looks good with Forest Green from all the past videos, but we have not seen LG with ocean. As an eyewitness, what is your opinion?

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
This is a continuous debate at my house. My vote is for LG, and my wife's likes FG better. I convinced her to wait to see the colors in person before deciding, but just today a Cs rep made a strong case for FG ughhh... can't wait for the events to start, so I can see them.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
This is a continuous debate at my house. My vote is for LG, and my wife's likes FG better. I convinced her to wait to see the colors in person before deciding, but just today a Cs rep made a strong case for FG ughhh... can't wait for the events to start, so I can see them.
What was the rep's case for FG? Happy wife, happy life?

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
What was the rep's case for FG? Happy wife, happy life?
Lolz, that too. On top of that she said the LG is more army green / gray, and a bit dull in her opinion. FG looks more elegant overall. Also, and I'm paraphrasing, if you want a green color, then get the forest green, or don't get any green. ?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Lucanjo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

@DuckTruck you've seen both greens... I'm wondering if the ocean coast interior would go with Launch Green well enough. I know the green interior will look good with LG, and I think ocean looks good with Forest Green from all the past videos, but we have not seen LG with ocean. As an eyewitness, what is your opinion?
+2!
I’m currently configured with FG and Ocean. I like the combo but curious to see how LG looks with Ocean too. For some reason I feel like it would clash and the forest edge is the way to go with LG.

OP
OP

Lucanjo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Lolz, that too. On top of that she said the LG is more army green / gray, and a bit dull in her opinion. FG looks more elegant overall. Also, and I'm paraphrasing, if you want a green color, then get the forest green, or don't get any green. ?
It sounds like our wives may know each other…

OP
OP

Lucanjo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Curious to know what the CSs case for FG was.

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
Lol my house is the opposite except that I like Compas yellow and she loves the Launch Green which reminds her of the “mint moss “ green that jaguar had years ago
I do like the Launch green better that the army green from the renders

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

It's funny, I was thinking he likes LG, and was trying to him into FG.
Sponsored

Last edited: