Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I wondered about the hooks in the frunk as well and asked CS and my Guide about it. CS said no clue, and my guide said he was ~90% certain he saw them in the final. Then, yesterday, I was showing a co-worker the R1T and specifically the frunk. There, front and center, was this photo:
Rivian R1T R1S The “Coming Soon, stay tuned” list 1622662207270

that clearly shoes the hooks. I don't remember seeing this particular photo, but it seems like the hooks are a go!

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
Don't get your hopes up. There's a TON of old prototype pictures still up on rivian.com. As just one simple example, the later R1T models have a 1-piece rear window, but that's not the case with the very first top photo here: https://rivian.com/r1t.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Don't get your hopes up. There's a TON of old prototype pictures still up on rivian.com. As just one simple example, the later R1T models have a 1-piece rear window, but that's not the case with the very first top photo here: https://rivian.com/r1t.
You are absolutely right. I just wasn't sure I saw that specific picture on the site before, and it is hard to tell if it is an old prototype. Under the R1S section, there are a few photos of a (relatively) newer R1S build which has the hooks visible as well..
Rivian R1T R1S The “Coming Soon, stay tuned” list 1622664964788

Rivian R1T R1S The “Coming Soon, stay tuned” list 1622664980403

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

You are absolutely right. I just wasn't sure I saw that specific picture on the site before, and it is hard to tell if it is an old prototype. Under the R1S section, there are a few photos of a (relatively) newer R1S build which has the hooks visible as well..
Unfortunately that is not a newer build. It clearly has the original prototype tow hook loops and not the bar-like production design.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I wondered about the hooks in the frunk as well and asked CS and my Guide about it. CS said no clue, and my guide said he was ~90% certain he saw them in the final. Then, yesterday, I was showing a co-worker the R1T and specifically the frunk. There, front and center, was this photo:
1622662207270.png

that clearly shoes the hooks. I don't remember seeing this particular photo, but it seems like the hooks are a go!
I think this is a picture of an older prototype.

I was under the impression they moved the hood latch to a single point in the center of the truck. This looks like it still has the two outboard latches

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

1622662207270.png

Those are the Early models they were showing at events etc. The frunk along with the front end has been altered slightly since. This truck specifically was the one shown in Tofino and Seattle in Sept 2019.

Easiest way to tell is where the front recovery hooks are on the bumper.
Skid plate = Old.
Just below radiator grill = Newer

I do hope they still include them in some fashion because its great for keeping things from moving (grocery bags specifically), but time will tell

L3X1

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
03 Town & Country Lmtd
They have not delivered any Amazon Vans They are in the testing phase.

… We've seen the vans out testing on delivery routes in areas like California and Oklahoma. …
I will keep my eyes peeled for them here in OKC
Sponsored