Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I believe that the info will be released simultaneously with the Guides reaching out.
When they release info, it generated all kinds of follow-up and clarification questions from reservation holders and would overwhelm their support system as they are in the process of getting a team up to speed on every possible little detail
@Blueassassin posted above asking questions that have already been answered. Imagine that x 1000 when they release info (look at the length of discourse about the fob).

And they have not started any Amazon van deliveries, they are in the pre production testing phase just like with the R1T/S. This testing is being done by Amazon instead of Rivian (Rivian isn't going to have employees drive around and randomly deliver packages).
they have which ones?
Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
they have which ones?
accent lighting in the cab
does it change colors?

No

how the vents work
they blow air? not sure what you are after here.

will there be a shade for the roof now that it doesn't auto dim
No

outlets in frunk
Rivian R1T R1S The “Coming Soon, stay tuned” list 1621893644213

gear cable
Yes

app and remote starting or cab conditioning I guess
Remote "starting" (not sure what you mean by this)? Doubtful. Preconditioning 100% yes

how do you control the tank turn
Almost certainly a mode you initiate thru the center screen (after acknowledging numerous legal disclaimers)

OP
OP

0=====0

First Name
Rajan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
O|||||||O and R1S LE 0====0
Occupation
Engineering
I believe that the info will be released simultaneously with the Guides reaching out.
When they release info, it generated all kinds of follow-up and clarification questions from reservation holders and would overwhelm their support system as they are in the process of getting a team up to speed on every possible little detail
@Blueassassin posted above asking questions that have already been answered. Imagine that x 1000 when they release info (look at the length of discourse about the fob).

And they have not started any Amazon van deliveries, they are in the pre production testing phase just like with the R1T/S. This testing is being done by Amazon instead of Rivian (Rivian isn't going to have employees drive around and randomly deliver packages).
I think you are right on the timing of the info dump, there is no other option available anymore.
This week or next, they will release some info and Guides will start reaching out.
Maybe that was their plan all along.

Amazon has started delivery using EV trucks made by Rivian in some areas.
I do not think they are "test vehicles". Amazon would not have their employees delivering packages in test vehicles. I think some level of testing and validation would have happened before Amazon puts one of their employees in the drivers seat.
Point is, someone outside of Rivian has their hands on them and driving them on the streets.
Hence my comment that info is there (meaning its not vaporware)!

Exciting week ahead!

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Point is, someone outside of Rivian has their hands on them and driving them on the streets.
Hence my comment that info is there (meaning its not vaporware)!
The Vans are almost completely unrelated to the R1T/S other than some driveline components. Not sure what info you think carries over between the two. They are not a rebodied version of the consumer vehicles, but are designed from the ground up specifically for Amazon.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Sponsored

OP
OP

0=====0

First Name
Rajan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
O|||||||O and R1S LE 0====0
Occupation
Engineering
The Vans are almost completely unrelated to the R1T/S other than some driveline components. Not sure what info you think carries over between the two. They are not a rebodied version of the consumer vehicles, but are designed from the ground up specifically for Amazon.
I know. The only implication (not even information) that carries over is that if Rivian has delivered a batch of vehicles to Amazon (Customer), they will deliver R1T and R1S.

The lack of info is maybe just the mode in with Rivian wants to operate. Under promise and over deliver.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
I know. The only implication (not even information) that carries over is that if Rivian has delivered a batch of vehicles to Amazon (Customer), they will deliver R1T and R1S.

The lack of info is maybe just the mode in with Rivian wants to operate. Under promise and over deliver.
They have not delivered any Amazon Vans They are in the testing phase.

According to a recent report in The Colorado Sun, Amazon's Rivian electric delivery vans have moved into the Denver, Colorado area to begin delivering packages as part of a growing test program.
Rivian has plans to test its Amazon electric delivery vans in 16 locations throughout the US. We've seen the vans out testing on delivery routes in areas like California and Oklahoma. However, expansion is underway, and testing has started in Colorado. The goal is to test the vans in different climates, as well as areas with contrasting terrain.
The vans are sticking to the area around Denver since they only have about 150 miles of range. Amazon says the range it has seen is based on what's been possible during the testing process.

When Will Rivian Prime Vans Hit Your Neighborhood?
Early pilot build and validation vehicles are entering limited-service now, with full-volume production beginning this fall, targeting the first 10,000 deliveries by late 2022.​

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Unless I am missing something I think you are referring to the portable cable, not the home charging station cable.
Bah, I thought it was for both, but you are correct, the only one they specify the length for is the portable charger (just did a deep dive of the site just in case)

NooterIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
was a 2019 Ram
Occupation
IT Stuff
So it’s for sure there’s no auto dim/smoke for the roof? At least an inside cover maybe?? Or is it just glass and that’s it, always wide open letting light through? I must have missed some detail somewhere..

Sponsored

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Four days and counting…

KenJ

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S85D
Occupation
Engineer
accent lighting in the cab
does it change colors?

No

how the vents work
they blow air? not sure what you are after here.

will there be a shade for the roof now that it doesn't auto dim
No

outlets in frunk
1621893644213.png

gear cable
Yes

app and remote starting or cab conditioning I guess
Remote "starting" (not sure what you mean by this)? Doubtful. Preconditioning 100% yes

how do you control the tank turn
Almost certainly a mode you initiate thru the center screen (after acknowledging numerous legal disclaimers)
I think the vent question is whether they work like the model 3 or a more conventional, mechanically directed vent? They look more along the line of the model 3 …

2021R1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P3D
I personally just hate the big glass roofs. On my Model 3 I had Huper Optik put on all the windows including the roof, rear hatch and front windshield. I then purchased the Tesla roof shade and added a layer of thin insulation on top of it. It makes no sense to have a feature on an EV that simply lets more heat in especially in the AZ and CO sun.

2021R1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P3D
I think the vent question is whether they work like the model 3 or a more conventional, mechanically directed vent? They look more along the line of the model 3 …
I sincerely hope they are manual and not like my model 3. While I hardly change mine much my wife is changing constantly hers and constantly complaining about going thru the cumbersome touchscreen process to do it.

Gerolsteiner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y
Occupation
Renewable Energy
In the multi-verse, it's always soon and yet it also already happened.
Go check Universe 83.12D. The R1S came out in 1884. Big launch party in Metz, European Protectorate, Empire of Vietnam.
Sponsored