First Name
Rajan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
O|||||||O and R1S LE 0====0
Occupation
Engineering
Taking a different approach while we wait for information being trickled out of Normal. Creating a list of all the info that is “coming soon”
  • Interior pics of prod vehicles
    • Hooks in the frunk?
    • Outlets in the frunk?
    • Mesh Vs real door pockets?
    • accent lighting in the cab? does it change colors?
  • Infotainment UI details
    • Waze integration?
    • Spotify/apple music integration?
    • Alexa?
    • Climate control UI details
    • Engage Tank Turn UI details
  • Actual pics of all color options, not just CGI renderings. Specially LG.
  • EPA rating of all tire types.
  • Crash test results?
  • Home charger details, cost, availability, installation etc.
    Cost and details published in the configurator. 500$ with the vehicle, 700$ after delivery.
    I am guessing installation will be worked out by the guide.
  • Accessories marketplace, pricing, availability etc.
    Accessories are launched in the Configurator. Very reasonable pricing compared to aftermarket options. Can be bundled into the cost of the vehicle.
    • Cost of the "optional utensils" for the Camp Kitchen?
      Utensils are Included!
  • V2H/V2V charging details
  • Upgrades to 5G and support for 4G LTE long term.
  • Website updates with insurance and financial services integration.
  • Insurance pricing.
  • Vehicle financing updates, rates down payments, lease options. Anything more than, yea we will do it, more coming soon.
  • Regional Test drive events locations, dates, etc (Thats a big one! thanks @LoneStar )
    Drive program with two types of events, at home test drives and events. Starting August first cities include Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Detroit and Seattle, with more announced soon.
  • Trailer alignment camera/assist?
  • Destination/Delivery fee?
  • Adjustable Regen options
  • Is Sentry mode option available?
  • Lock/Unlock and remote access
    • FOB? Some details published.
    • Smartphone App to lock/unlock the vehicle?
    • Keycard access?
  • Add more!
Added more options thanks to @cohall ,@LoneStar, @Blueassassin
Sponsored

Last edited:

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Oh boy. I see this thread deteriorating quickly.

But I'll add a few anyway...
  • Actual delivery dates of any kind for any real buyers?
  • Waze integration?
  • Sentry mode or similar?
  • Map/list of roads where Driver+ can be engaged?
  • Destination/Delivery fee?
  • Cost of the "optional utensils" for the Camp Kitchen?
  • Launch control?
  • Adjustable regen options?
  • Hooks in the frunk?
  • Crash test results?
  • Trailer alignment camera/assist?
  • Confirmed Spotify/Apple music integration?
  • Final details on production interior (i.e., mesh vs real door pockets)

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
This is going to be a very, very long list.

I find this all extremely disappointing - I mean, how are there not ACTUAL pictures of LG at this point? SMFH.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
As I’ve had several email exchanges with Rivian on V2H over the past year, I thought I’d check back in after Ford’s Announcement last week and their Partnership with SunRun on V2H.

I think most could have predicted Rivian’s response.

“Thanks for reaching back out to us! Vehicle to grid charging has definitely been coming up as a common question ever since the F-150 Lighting’s reveal. As a fellow techie, I’m also curious because I see this as an excellent home backup generator. We’re going to be sharing more about Rivian’s charging capabilities with you soon!”

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I wish they would change the canned response to, "We'll be sharing more about ______ at some unknown, undetermined, uncertain point in the multi-verse future."

Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

At this point, I really want to know when the first deliveries will happen so that someone at the front of the line will do a detailed walk through and try to answer all these questions. The only thing Rivian can keep people in suspense about after that will be software related updates.

BuckeyeTruckGuy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper Clubman S All4; R1T Reservation
I spoke to a CS agent earlier about ordering the home charger ahead of time so I can have it installed prior to my “coming soon” R1T. Heck, I’m even thinking Amazon could handle fulfillment of these chargers.

Here was the response:

“When your guide reaches out they will have more information for you on charging. The Rivian Wall Charger will be available to purchase! Keep an eye out for updates as to when it is ready to purchase!”

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

I spoke to a CS agent earlier about ordering the home charger ahead of time so I can have it installed prior to my “coming soon” R1T. Heck, I’m even thinking Amazon could handle fulfillment of these chargers.

Here was the response:

“When your guide reaches out they will have more information for you on charging. The Rivian Wall Charger will be available to purchase! Keep an eye out for updates as to when it is ready to purchase!”
Heh, yeah they can't even tell me how long the cable on it is....

Sponsored

OP
OP

0=====0

First Name
Rajan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
At this point, I really want to know when the first deliveries will happen so that someone at the front of the line will do a detailed walk through and try to answer all these questions. The only thing Rivian can keep people in suspense about after that will be software related updates.
In one of my recent chats with support, the rep implied that we will start seeing details for vehicles as they will start delivery in June. She was sure that who ever got the first delivery will do a complete review and walk through and upload it.

I said it was a wasted opportunity and why wait for someone to review before Rivian releases official info!!! She corrected and said official info will come sooner for sure.
But its like everything else, non committal "coming soon" response.

This rep had not seen Launch Green R1S or R1T either. She had at least seen a limestone version which is what I have configured. So she confirmed that Limestone is somewhere between "Silver" and "El Cap Granite" :D

PS: I don't blame the rep, I feel the comms team is throwing the support team and Guides under the bus with this approach. If they expect Guides to walk people through this mountain of info on the phone, the Guides have their work cut out for them! No wonder they have not finished training yet!!!

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Heh, yeah they can't won't even tell me how long the cable on it is....
Fixed it for you.
Pretty clear they are not releasing info on anything until the Guides are up and running.

OP
OP

0=====0

First Name
Rajan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Fixed it for you.
Pretty clear they are not releasing info on anything until the Guides are up and running.
But its like chicken and the egg isn't it?
Guides training would have been so much simpler if the info was available to consumers before hand!
I cannot imagine features like V2H, Home Charger, Accessories etc. are still not finalized 15 days before production starts.

Since Rivian already started delivering trucks to Amazon, I am going to assume the information definitely exists. It is either delayed or they are choosing to release it through Guides to LE reservation holders.

Instead of saying "Look out for more information coming soon" they should just say, "Guides will guide you through the process".

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

accent lighting in the cab
does it change colors?
how the vents work
will there be a shade for the roof now that it doesn't auto dim
outlets in frunk
gear cable
app and remote starting or cab conditioning I guess
how do you control the tank turn

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
But its like chicken and the egg isn't it?
Guides training would have been so much simpler if the info was available to consumers before hand!
I cannot imagine features like V2H, Home Charger, Accessories etc. are still not finalized 15 days before production starts.

Since Rivian already started delivering trucks to Amazon, I am going to assume the information definitely exists. It is either delayed or they are choosing to release it through Guides to LE reservation holders.

Instead of saying "Look out for more information coming soon" they should just say, "Guides will guide you through the process".
I believe that the info will be released simultaneously with the Guides reaching out.
When they release info, it generated all kinds of follow-up and clarification questions from reservation holders and would overwhelm their support system as they are in the process of getting a team up to speed on every possible little detail
@Blueassassin posted above asking questions that have already been answered. Imagine that x 1000 when they release info (look at the length of discourse about the fob).

And they have not started any Amazon van deliveries, they are in the pre production testing phase just like with the R1T/S. This testing is being done by Amazon instead of Rivian (Rivian isn't going to have employees drive around and randomly deliver packages).
Sponsored