First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, e-tron GT,Ram CTD,R1250GSA, Tuareg 660
Occupation
Orthopaedic Implant Sales
Wow. Long. Lots of info. Seems as though Roman has come around and gotten over his beef with Rivian. Still a curmudgeon on standard automotive design. Can’t fault him for that.
Good video TFL. Thanks @TFLtommy

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Looks like I know what I’ll be doing with 43 minutes of my first hour in the office today:eek:

Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Wow. Long. Lots of info. Seems as though Roman has come around and gotten over his beef with Rivian. Still a curmudgeon on standard automotive design. Can’t fault him for that.
Good video TFL. Thanks @TFLtommy
There is also a podcast with Andre and Tommy talking about their experience with the R1T

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Remember to use the earbuds in the stall.... ?
Luckily for me, at this point in our business I think our staff would be more surprised if I was actually working efficiently vs screwing around. They are very nice about it haha :bandit:

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Watching this, I was thinking as a truck driver I would like to be more informed; The option to see battery temperature on display would be nice.

Also a V8 Ram 1500 could not keep up with R1T pulling 8000 lb is incredible.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Some interesting numbers for sure. Took 85% of battery to get from Boulder to Frisco, while towing 8,100 lbs. Surprised that the regen on the backside of the tunnel only added 2% back.

Lots of good info by the TFL guys.

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Some interesting numbers for sure. Took 85% of battery to get from Boulder to Frisco, while towing 8,100 lbs. Surprised that the regen on the backside of the tunnel only added 2% back.

Lots of good info by the TFL guys.
You don't really "gain" much battery from downhill sections, it's more that you get those sections for free. Regen is limited in how much energy it can absorb at any one time to avoid stressing the battery, so you don't get a massive boost from downhill sections vs any other braking. It maxes out at something like -2 or -3 kWh/100 mi in the EVs I've driven.

But you get the mix of free range and a slight regen, so it maths out to a massive efficiency gain.

Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Interesting TFL senior said factory pick up was an option, jr asked "are you sure?" Senior doubled down. I believe Rivian stated this is not an option. *yet.
Glad they acknowledged good build quality, especially considering this is an early employee build.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
I feared listening to these guys for 30+ minutes with no truck video but it was less bloviating and more datapoints and praise after a week flogging Chad’s truck.

Unless one tows heavy loads, goes beyond forest service trails, and takes on snow and ice, it is hard to appreciate how this RT1 truly outperformed, let alone for a new automotive manufacturer. I would suggest Rivian deserves as much praise for their non EV related advancements as they do carrying forth battery powered automobiles.

As some suggested last week, even a cranky old dinosaur, Roman, came around to expressly acknowledge Rivian’s stellar performance and fit & finish.

I’m back to just wondering about when can I get my rig?

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
Excited to listen... Have 100 mile drive home from work today (in snow and 20° temperatures).

Curious on how much battery I would've had left in my Large Pack R1T if I had it (200 miles round trip)?

Either way... Hope to hear more this week on when my R1T could possibly arrive.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I can't wait for the super Ike. But I was also happy to hear that they are showing a towing test with an teardrop trailer. I was asking for that. TFL did something similar with an ID4. The result was, IMO, pretty good.

Sponsored