LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

guys like kids in a candy store... and why does everyone want to crawl through the gear tunnel?

glad to hear both TFL and Rivian have 'buried the hatchet" and past ill-will now set aside.
Sponsored

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
I would rather watch a review from someone that has a bias against a product than one that is already drooling over it. If they come in with a negative attitude and walk out happy, then I am sold.
Normally I'd agree here, if the perspective was that of a skeptic or someone who is a harsh critic. They've made it very obvious he's butt hurt, not skeptic. His remarks when comparing the EV Silverado solidified that nail on the head just how he is still biased against Rivian. In honestly, part of me wants to see this, but if he's going to go off on a tangent again, frag him.

Edit/Update: That was a lot less dreadful than what I expected. Kuddos to TFL for letting the past go. That being said, I do look forward towards their tests regarding charge rates, towing, and real life numbers.

Last edited:

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

discussion can certainly move past 2021 hang-over from Rivian shunning TFL
these guys have clearly let by-gones be by-gones and seem very content.

Joints4Sale

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, e-tron GT,Ram CTD,R1250GSA, Tuareg 660
Occupation
Orthopaedic Implant Sales
THANKS CHAD! Whoever you are, thanks for lending them your truck.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Most everything covered has been covered before. However, they have plans for it..

1. Rivian loaned it to them for 7 days.
2. Ike Gauntlet is planned.
3. Drag Race with a TRX is planned.
4. Going to Moab with it is planned.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
^@Max, you're going to see TL's 7 days of flogging the Rivian. Seems like a worthwhile third-party test.

The IG is the real deal for high altitude tow test. 9k' elevation to 11k' elevation in 8 miles. A few high speed curves for added pucker factor. The downhill version of the IG has two runaway truck ramps that were blasted out of granite walls. Throw in Moab trails, and a 350-mile road trip from Denver to Moab with a ton of elevation gains and losses and a yet to be filled out EV charging network along I-70. Since this is live we should also get a decent colder temp checks. Ram TRX supposedly does 0-60 in 3.7 sec, likely not that at any altitude.

Should be worth tuning in the next week. Could care less about any prior drama, just want to see some real world feedback.

Last edited:

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
I doubt it.

When I watched their Silverado-Lightning-R1T comparison video this weekend, Roman had a big chip on his shoulder about not having a rivian right away, how they were cancelling their order because they weren't getting it soon enough, Silverado won on range because rivian doesn't have a 400 mile R1T delivered yet (wait, Silverado's have been delivered already?)

I felt for them for not being invited to the press event in CO, but their bitterness about that has become extremely apparent and made me lose a bit of respect for them as a result.
I was in Colorado years ago for a Rivian appreciation event where Roman and TFL crew were there. These were customer appreciation events and him and his crew were just all over the place domineering over the vehicles and he's not a pleasant person to interact with. Don't think most of the people/staff/customers cared much for him.

Honestly I feel that how they conducted themselves at that event was the nail in their coffin.

They were guests just like everyone else, but they acted like they owned the place. Not classy at all.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

...they have plans for..

1. Rivian loaned it to them for 7 days
2. Ike Gauntlet is planned.
3. Drag Race with a TRX is planned.
4. Going to Moab with it is planned.
5. Charging curve(s)
6. Efficiency tests in drive modes & locales

Think its a customer's R1T they have. Believe I heard them say Rivian was lending them a truck but it got "hit" (not sure what he said) coming off the delivery rig. So a local customer stepped in and offered his personal vehicle. And he's getting some TFL swag for doing it.

rivianfan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
5. Charging curve(s)

Think its a customer's R1T they have. Believe I heard them say Rivian was lending them a truck but it got "hit" (not sure what he said) coming off the delivery rig. So a local customer stepped in and offered his personal vehicle. And he's getting some TFL swag for doing it.
Yup didn’t catch what happened to the vehicle they were supposed to get, but I thought they said it was an Employee vehicle.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
From “RIVIAN SNUBBED US HOW DARE THEY!SUCH ARROGANCE, DON’T THEY KNOW WHO WE ARE??” to creaming’ their jeans. Amazing.

PAFDenver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Baja
Occupation
retired
I'm kind of worried about how many details they got wrong and had to have the viewers correct them on. Sure, they have lots of cars all with their own set of specs to go over, but I expected they would brush up on the details before they started recording a video.
Hopefully their tests will be revealing because they do have a good list of things planned.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Rivian must have given them some cookies to fix their damaged egos.

I wish they had a title for this. Something like “intro to R1T”. I rarely watch anything live so I can skip to good parts. I thought they were going to have towing in this. What a waste of time.
Jesus, guy. Really? We have enough Debbie Downers here already.

Thank you, @Administrator, for giving us an ignore feature.

Reactions: Max

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
5. Charging curve(s)
Hopefully they get it right. I haven't seen them do a good job with either of these in the past.
Sponsored