Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Sorry y'all, post edited...I got out over my skis a bit.

There's a very important hearing this coming Tuesday in Austin. It would be a big help if the Rivian community could come out to show support at the hearing. Time should be finalized tomorrow & I'll post more details then.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Rivian is bringing an R1T to Austin next week, and they'd love to see some preorder holders come out.

It will be here Monday & Tuesday as a show & tell for legislators (similar to what we saw in GA), and @RivianPolicyGuy joined here to be able to gauge interest & communicate with anyone interested in coming out.

I'd love to be there as well & meet you guys in person, but I'll be traveling. Y'all have fun & take lots of pics/videos for me!
I'll fly in from Portland if they require a reservation-holder to take legislators for a test ride. I'm thinking at least 30 miles per test will be needed to show off the Rivian's abilities. As I've said before, no need to thank me, it's just who I am, and the right thing to do! ?

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Rivian is bringing an R1T to Austin next week, and they'd love to see some preorder holders come out.

It will be here Monday & Tuesday as a show & tell for legislators (similar to what we saw in GA), and @RivianPolicyGuy joined here to be able to gauge interest & communicate with anyone interested in coming out.

I'd love to be there as well & meet you guys in person, but I'll be traveling. Y'all have fun & take lots of pics/videos for me!
I'm in San Antonio and would love to drive up and see it.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
If you don't task a friend or family member with sneaking some photos of the interior, I'll fly to TX so we can discuss in person :)

Last edited:

thibbitts

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 FJ cruiser 2018 4runner
It better be the truck with the Texas sticker or no state sticker. It wouldn't go over well with Texas officials if they brought one with another state sticker on it! Hopefully I can make it over there. I assume somewhere near the capitol building? Just let us know the times each day that it will be available.

Sponsored

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T
I will absolutely be there. I live 5mins from DT!

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Updated my original post. I'll post an update here with details for the hearing.

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

I live in Atlanta and work just minutes from the capital. I really wish Rivian had taken a proactive approach when they were in Atlanta. I would have come out in a heart beat to advocate. I found out about their presence days later through this forum!

Anyway, it would have made very little difference given the very strong presence dealerships have in the state legislature.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I'll fly in from Portland if they require a reservation-holder to take legislators for a test ride. I'm thinking at least 30 miles per test will be needed to show off the Rivian's abilities. As I've said before, no need to thank me, it's just who I am, and the right thing to do! ?
Skyote, I forgot to add that you might want to forward a list of any passengers you’d like to have dropped off at some random point during their test ride, whenever that event takes place. ?

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Keep us posted @skyote! I might be able to hop a flight down for the day to support the cause.

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
I’ll be there! Just need to figure out the details.

Moonjock

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Chevrolet Avalanche
Occupation
Lab Tech
I'm not planning to be in TX (hill country) until late June early July. Someone take a load of pictures!

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
I'm not planning to be in TX (hill country) until late June early July. Someone take a load of pictures!
I will take plenty of pictures... hopefully I will be able to get close enough to get a decent look at it...

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
What day is the in person R1T there? We are in the area next week 22-25 as relocating permanently to the hill country outside of Austin (Marble Falls).
Sponsored