Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2024 Rivian R1S Performance Dual Motor Standard+
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Here's the results of the phantom battery drain on a new dual motor performance standard+ pack left unattended and not plugged in for 5 days.

While my last EV (Mach-E) didn't have a gear guard video mode. Leaving that can never resulted in vampire drain.
Sponsored

tate16t

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Granite R1S
Occupation
Car Enthusiast
1% with gear guard? I get that without it. I guess I can use it now?

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride, Wee-Strom, Lynskey Cooper
Brand new owner here. In my very limited experience, I lost 1% each night over the first two nights that I checked. PDM/Large, no Gear Guard but I did check with the app a time or two.

shap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 45e, R1T
Checking applications has nothing to do with vampire drain. You are pulling data from their cloud service. This will not wake the car.

You can turn off BT on your phone and any other car-registered phone, and you will get a much lower drain - I am getting about 0.2% per 24 hours.

Rivian can not disable BT in the car, so proximity sensors are always on (regardless of the setting in the car). Nothing can be done about this. They claim to fix this in G2

Sponsored

Hexijen

First Name
Caley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Glacier/Ocean Coast, 20AT, Offroad
Clubs

Checking applications has nothing to do with vampire drain. You are pulling data from their cloud service. This will not wake the car.

You can turn off BT on your phone and any other car-registered phone, and you will get a much lower drain - I am getting about 0.2% per 24 hours.

Rivian can not disable BT in the car, so proximity sensors are always on (regardless of the setting in the car). Nothing can be done about this. They claim to fix this in G2
I can only hope that turning off bt is one of the software improvements from G2 to G1. Its kind of a crazy oversight to not let us turn it off

iforbes

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
APRN
Clubs

~1% loss daily while I was away on vacation. Parked in garage. Gear guard off at home.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Observing about the same 1% with GG on. 6/23 build.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
1% seems pretty standard on G1 platform. For me it is a acceptable amount with no impact on my use.
Sponsored