ksurfier

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1SQM, Tesla
Clubs

Only point is that you can get 99.99% the same tire and save a lot of weight…it’s an EV after all and avoiding the heaviest tires is always good from a handling and performance perspective, that’s why all OEM tires and between 35-50 pounds.
Some people are actually getting the on road tires which can net nearly 3 mi/kwh.
Best of both worlds is having two sets, one off road set in mid 50#s and on road set in high 30 to low 40#s, to each their own, but I would definitely want max range when going adventure/offroading…
Sponsored

Desiboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Plaid, LR4 ‘11, R1S
Clubs

Has anyone fit 35’s on the oem 20’s?
35x11.5x20 or 295/65/20. Looking for more off road ability and not really cocorned with range as I have a second set of the factory 21’s. The factory 20’s are all beat up after 2 off road trips with little tears in the sidewalls.
I have 285/65/20 BFG KO2s on my wheels. have had them for 8 months or so, do some offroading, accessing remote hiking trailheads, slight hit with range but have not experienced any rubbing.
Not sure of the 295/65/20.

Desiboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Plaid, LR4 ‘11, R1S
Clubs

Only point is that you can get 99.99% the same tire and save a lot of weight…it’s an EV after all and avoiding the heaviest tires is always good from a handling and performance perspective, that’s why all OEM tires and between 35-50 pounds.
Some people are actually getting the on road tires which can net nearly 3 mi/kwh.
Best of both worlds is having two sets, one off road set in mid 50#s and on road set in high 30 to low 40#s, to each their own, but I would definitely want max range when going adventure/offroading…
I did that with my LR4, gets tiresome quickly, settled on 33" KO2s all the time for that as well.

Si.LE.R1S

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 R1S Launch Edition, ‘20 eTron Chronos Edition
Clubs

@Rexbo

Have the Ram 2363 wheels (same +18 offset as OP, but 8” wide) and picking tires.

Looking at Open Country 35” 11.5” 20 (nearly 295/65/r20). My plan is to use these exclusively for off road (standard or snow mode to get to trailhead, then rally/all-terrain/rock crawl). I’ll switch back to 22” for daily and road trips.

I’ve been using the
20” ATs, but there is simply not enough sidewall to protect the wheels.

Has anyone tried this tire size with the Rams or Hellcat and can definitely say it’s no go? Should I just play it safe and go 285?

krockett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ Cruiser
Clubs

For the register…

I’m running Hankook Dynapro AT2 Xtreme 285/60/20s on 20x9” +40 Atomic Wheels. No rubbing on lowest and softest setting.

Sponsored

SDRivian

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
SE
@Rexbo

Have the Ram 2363 wheels (same +18 offset as OP, but 8” wide) and picking tires.

Looking at Open Country 35” 11.5” 20 (nearly 295/65/r20). My plan is to use these exclusively for off road (standard or snow mode to get to trailhead, then rally/all-terrain/rock crawl). I’ll switch back to 22” for daily and road trips.

I’ve been using the
20” ATs, but there is simply not enough sidewall to protect the wheels.

Has anyone tried this tire size with the Rams or Hellcat and can definitely say it’s no go? Should I just play it safe and go 285?
I think 285/65/20 is the limit for Rivian with zero/minimal rubbing (until aftermarket fenders come along like Jeeps). 295 would be pushing it...it would certainty rub in standard. Even if you use your Rivian almost exclusively for tails and off roading you still have to drive to the trails and back and the the suspension defaults to standard ride height at speed.

kongzero32

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC90, Mustang
Sorry @Rexbo, but I had to copy you. Just looked too good. Here is my R1T with 20x9 +18 wheel and stock Perelli all terrains.
The only rubbing I have seen is on low during medium-ish bumps. I have found not using the soft ride setting helps however.
Rivian R1T R1S Tested 35" tires on the R1T - for offroading / overlanding IMG_0575
Rivian R1T R1S Tested 35" tires on the R1T - for offroading / overlanding IMG_0574
Sponsored