Sponsored

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
Ah thank you! Is there just a single cable then or are there multiple cables that could be used depending on what you have back there? Looking at those ends, I'm just assuming one attachment point on each side of the bed and those are the only attachment points?
No idea, I didn't pay too much attention to that section reading the manual since I'm an R1S guy.
I remember seeing a picture of the cable looped through itself for a one-sided anchor point. Page 121 in the downloadable owner's manual.
Sponsored

Reactions: ean

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Ah thank you! Is there just a single cable then or are there multiple cables that could be used depending on what you have back there? Looking at those ends, I'm just assuming one attachment point on each side of the bed and those are the only attachment points?
Two attachment points — both are on driver side of bed, near the tailgate.

It seems we only get one cable and you can either plug both ends in (for shorter loops) or feed the cable through one if it’s eyes and lock the other (for longer loops).

I would assume you could buy a second cable (if not included) if you want to use two long loops. No idea on cost.

OP
OP
Blueassassin

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

The cable did look and feel very nice and strong steel core inside.

Reactions: ean
OP
OP
Blueassassin

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

This is what the cable plugs into it locks when the vehicle locks and the green lights in the middle light up.
Rivian R1T R1S Test Drive Invitations are arriving! And First Mile events tab now available 1632832156106

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

This is what the cable plugs into it locks when the vehicle locks and the green lights in the middle light up.
1632832156106.png
I'm a bit confused why they put an inlet on the compressor instead of an outlet. Maybe they just didn't have the part on hand and didn't want it to be empty? You can see the witness marks from using a socket to install it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blueassassin

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I'm a bit confused why they put an inlet on the compressor instead of an outlet. Maybe they just didn't have the part on hand and didn't want it to be empty? You can see the witness marks from using a socket to install it.
I didn't even realize that was the male not the female coupler good eye. well I guess I'm definitely adding the tire hose kit now.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
I didn't even realize that was the male not the female coupler good eye. well I guess I'm definitely adding the tire hose kit now.
It’s included standard now

OP
OP
Blueassassin

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Watching some of the reviews, they are all like that. It looks like the compressor might only work off setpoints?

OP
OP
Blueassassin

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Watching some of the reviews, they are all like that. It looks like the compressor might only work off setpoints?
the manual says there is a blow feature you just dont set a pressure and hit start.

Sponsored

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
Is anyone else neurotically checking their events tab, for the off chance that they open up more time slots????

Just me???

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Is anyone else neurotically checking their events tab, for the off chance that they open up more time slots????

Just me???
More like checking for the presence of an events tab....

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired

Just me???
Yep...maybe a couple times a day.

I did have a couple of weird occurances where the little gear-shaped events-tab popped up, got me all excited, then when I clicked on it I got an error message saying "Ooops". Anyone else have that happen?? I would close the Rivian site then try again and the gear would not show up again. That was a couple of weeks ago and happened a couple of times. Haven't seen it since.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
I know Rivian has the 7 day or 1,000 mile return policy, but I know they would rather not deal with returns. I wonder if they will wait until a majority of people have test driven the R1T before they start with more deliveries. Probably not possible in only a few months.
Sponsored