First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X3 (x2), s00n R1S
Occupation
Person
Employees were extremely nice and helpful. We got what we needed to finalize our choices.
So jealous! Did you actually lock in a final order at the event? Or just feel good about your configuration choices / make changes to that? I'm curious how many are finalized orders after these events.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Blueassassin

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Dumb question, but how does it smell? Does vegan leather have a leathery smell? Or is it just the new plastics/glues that give the cabin an aroma, or is that long gone by sweaty neckbeard forum types
It had the same new car "plasticish" smell that I have smelt on most new cars but didn't have new leather couch smell thats for sure.

OP
OP
Blueassassin

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

So jealous! Did you actually lock in a final order at the event? Or just feel good about your configuration choices / make changes to that? I'm curious how many are finalized orders after these events.
Nothing is finalized through Rivian this just gives us a chance to see feel touch and drive so we can figure out what options we want. My hardest choice has been color but not what you think I'm undecided yellow or grey tent.... I'm leaning on yellow now that I have seen it

mike22co

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X3 (x2), s00n R1S
Occupation
Person
Nothing is finalized through Rivian this just gives us a chance to see feel touch and drive so we can figure out what options we want. My hardest choice has been color but not what you think I'm undecided yellow or grey tent.... I'm leaning on yellow now that I have seen it
Thanks! I'm doing the yellow tent. I just think it looks super cool and stands out. Hope to camp at a trail-head some day in the future before heading up a 14er in Colorado!

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Couple tidbits from today.
They are preproduction trucks.
Only two driving modes utilized in test drive. Rock crawl is amazing but going down the hill is even better.
Frunk is enormous. But limited tie downs.
No R1S on site. Not every color of vehicle is there either.
Next stops for First Mile events are Sonoma and LA.
Employees were extremely nice and helpful. We got what we needed to finalize our choices.
Sonoma? Hot damn. My mother in law is in Petaluma. We’re going for thanksgiving. And staying a while

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
OP
OP
Blueassassin

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

As I was deep diving anyone see this? Vents for gear tunnel , speakers, climate?
Rivian R1T R1S Test Drive Invitations are arriving! And First Mile events tab now available 99431134-34A3-4FEF-BAC6-9612437E16FD

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
As I was deep diving anyone see this? Vents for gear tunnel , speakers, climate?
99431134-34A3-4FEF-BAC6-9612437E16FD.jpeg
Could also be for letting air move through the cabin, every vehicle has vends at the back to let air out.

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Actually, I like the idea of venting the gear tunnel. Considering that wet/muddy gear will be thown in there, if it stays wet it could get moldy and smelly.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blueassassin

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Actually, I like the idea of venting the gear tunnel. Considering that wet/muddy gear will be thown in there, if it stays wet it could get moldy and smelly.
depends if its smelly and then goes into the cab not so good.

jessefive

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
That's a shelf to display your giant collection of stuffed animals, no?

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
For those that went to the First Mile event, or are going soon, are there any defrost wires in the windshield? In-glass heating like the Land Rover Defender? Seems like a good option to have in an EV to more effectively clear the windshield than heating the entire cabin.

OP
OP
Blueassassin

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

For those that went to the First Mile event, or are going soon, are there any defrost wires in the windshield? In-glass heating like the Land Rover Defender? Seems like a good option to have in an EV to more effectively clear the windshield than heating the entire cabin.
I have in glass heating in my Hummer and learned the hard way the toll transponder doesn't shoot through the window because of it... had tickets still coming like 2 months after figuring it out. thanks fast track :mad:

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
So I put an order in on Aug 3, 2021, and we just got a test drive invitation for Oct 1st! I was just wondering is there any rhyme or reason to us getting an invite before people that were at the LA Auto show in 2018 or anybody for that matter that has been waiting for over 1-2-3 years?

We DO live in the Chicago burbs which is about 1hr 45min away from the Normal. IL plant.. Also, another factor that may affect this such as config:

Compass Yellow
"22 Sportbrite
7 Seat
Ocean Coast Interior
Cargo Crossbars
Floor Mats
Field Kit

Another factor??:
we own another EV ( Model Y P )

Anyways, I feel lucky and can't complain! If anybody wants any special pics while at the test drive, I'll try to get in as many in as possible. I'm really wanting to see the Compass Yellow in person. If it's "too much", I'll probably get the Blue.....(but, maybe the Limestone and maybe the Forest Green).

Please post pics of the Compass Yellow or Blue if you see them on the test drive!
Matt, Can you please take some snaps of how comfortable sitting in third row is if you get to drive the R1s on Oct 1st and also the cargo space at the back with third row up
Sponsored