Sponsored

ean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Tiguan
I got an invite but not sure what criteria I meet. Expressed interest on Rivian website a week after the experiences opened up, not even a pre-order holder here yet. Just happen to be within 200 miles of Normal and would like to see one in person. Looking at the invite though I don't see any mention of test drives and there is a note about anyone else coming. So has anyone got confirmation that you can bring a friend/spouse and they do not need to have an invite?

Children under the age of 18 are welcome to accompany you to this event. Guests that are 18 years of age and older must register separately.

Looks like times available to me are October 1st. Kind of on the fence if I cannot bring a +1 and possibly not even a test drive.
Rivian R1T R1S Test Drive Invitations are arriving! And First Mile events tab now available Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 7.06.41 AM

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I got an invite but not sure what criteria I meet. Expressed interest on Rivian website a week after the experiences opened up, not even a pre-order holder here yet. Just happen to be within 200 miles of Normal and would like to see one in person. Looking at the invite though I don't see any mention of test drives and there is a note about anyone else coming. So has anyone got confirmation that you can bring a friend/spouse and they do not need to have an invite?

Children under the age of 18 are welcome to accompany you to this event. Guests that are 18 years of age and older must register separately.

Looks like times available to me are October 1st. Kind of on the fence if I cannot bring a +1 and possibly not even a test drive.
Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 7.06.41 AM.png
I would contact customer service. They have said that you can bring up to 2 additional people you just need to add them to the appointment. They should be able to assist you in getting this done if it is not obvious where they need to be added in.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
I would contact customer service. They have said that you can bring up to 2 additional people you just need to add them to the appointment. They should be able to assist you in getting this done if it is not obvious where they need to be added in.
If that’s the case, if anyone has free space left I would be happy to come! I’m getting crickets from CS and haven’t even seen a Rivian in person yet, probably like most here. Figured it’s worth a try asking ?

ean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Tiguan
Booked - I'll have to email CS and see if I can get my +2 added.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blueassassin

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Two more days!

tnawara

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance 2022

Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 7.06.41 AM.png
I'm genuinely excited for you that you get to attend, experience the R1T first hand, and hopefully reserve a vehicle, but I have to say (speaking for myself - maybe others don't feel this way?) that Rivian really isn't making their long-standing reservation holders happy with these types of moves.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Does anyone else who was invited personally know someone at Rivian?

Maybe a friends and family factor for the invites?

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

Does anyone else who was invited personally know someone at Rivian?

Maybe a friends and family factor for the invites?
The closest relation I have to Rivian is the $1000 of mine they have and this forum. I don't think the reason I got invited is more than a random selection of people from a long list.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

The closest relation I have to Rivian is the $1000 of mine they have and this forum. I don't think the reason I got invited is more than a random selection of people from a long list.
ok that kills that idea. It really must just be random selection of people within X miles from the plant.

Sponsored

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
For those going to Normal this weekend/next week...Y'ALL HAVE FUN!!!
Do you think that maybe one/some of you going might get to take home your "Riv Baby"??
How many of you going have been contacted by your Guide and have done your final configs??

OP
OP
Blueassassin

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

For those going to Normal this weekend/next week...Y'ALL HAVE FUN!!!
Do you think that maybe one/some of you going might get to take home your "Riv Baby"??
How many of you going have been contacted by your Guide and have done your final configs??
Oh boy do I hope so but I haven't been reached out to by my guide so I doubt it. But a boy can dream!

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Am I the only one thinking the Normal event they had a few weeks ago was the first test drive and that those people may have signed NDAs for initial scheduled deliveries?

Next Friday is the 1st of October, that is the only thing that really makes any sense to me unless they have already reached out to others that have signed NDAs

Ssaehrig

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Durango SRT, 2013 GMC Acadia
Occupation
IT Executive
I wish we could opt in to a location event. I would go to Normal from CT just to attend.

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
I wish we could opt in to a location event. I would go to Normal from CT just to attend.
I live in CT too. We could car pool!
Sponsored