Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2019 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Retired Executive
Clubs

Feb 2019 LE Preorder, living 76 miles east of the plant... no invite. Plenty of CS responses to emails but basically told to wait for future dates.
Should have added... R1T preorder
Sponsored

rhuber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid, 64 Mustang
I managed to not see the invitation until now. Just scheduled my drive for the 27th at 2:30pm. Excited to check it out!

LE R1T preorderer, home is 60 miles from Normal, IL.

Richland Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee/ 2022 Volvo XC60
If R1S holders got an invite, how many would rant about only being able to test the R1T which they didn't order?
Or is it better to invite people that ordered the vehicle that is currently available to test and will be shipping first?

They can only perform so many test drives/demonstrations in a day. They have to set some boundaries and priorities. No matter how they structured it, some people would be whining. It would be unreasonable to expect them to prioritize test drives in the R1T for R1S preorder holders and leave some R1T LE customers hanging out to dry.
You have this odd perception that any time anyone voices concern about any aspect of this process we are all on they are "whining." It is especially bad when you don't even have your facts straight. There ARE R1S preorder holders who ARE getting invited to test drives, blowing up the central tenant of your whole post. As an idea, maybe stop whining about whining and respect the fact people have different opinions and concerns.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

It's nice that Rivian changed the narrative, but what's happening with the other test drive events? Still only heard about Normal and the Press event in Colorado. Time to start moving faster than a glacier.

Sponsored

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Some people can find a black cloud in any silver lining.
I generally expect people to do what they say. When I no longer question them, you know I have given up on them.

I'm still looking forward to my R1 in the spring, but also starting to think of what will replace it. If the vehicle market stays stupid and Rivian is more exciting than Tesla, the business decision to sell my Rivian Launch Edition will be an easy one.

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
I generally expect people to do what they say.
They said they were going to host some events in some specified cities at some point in the near future. They provided no precise timetable. What exactly did they lie about? What I miss?

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
They said they were going to host some events in some specified cities at some point in the near future. They provided no precise timetable. What exactly did they lie about? What I miss?
I think they might be among those a bit pissed off that not absolutely everything on the concept vehicle originally shown made it to the production version.

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
I think they might be among those a bit pissed off that not absolutely everything on the concept vehicle originally shown made it to the production version.
Well that's just silly. This is clearly the thread for people who are pissed off because weren't personally invited to Normal or because they haven't yet invited anybody yet to the other named cities or because the other named cities aren't close to their homes. The thread for pissed off people who don't understand the concept of "concept car" is elsewhere.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Well that's just silly. This is clearly the thread for people who are pissed off because weren't personally invited to Normal or because they haven't yet invited anybody yet to the other named cities or because the other named cities aren't close to their homes. The thread for pissed off people who don't understand the concept of "concept car" is elsewhere.
I thought the internet was created for pissed off people.

Edit:
And trolls. ?

Sponsored

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

I reserved in the last week of Launch Editions (11/17/2020) and was totally surprised that got the invite today for the First Mile event. Planning a road trip from Chicago to Normal on the 29th!

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
I reserved in the last week of Launch Editions (11/17/2020) and was totally surprised that got the invite today for the First Mile event. Planning a road trip from Chicago to Normal on the 29th!
Launch edition was only 1 week, total. You could place reservations prior to that, but until the configurator, you couldn't say LE vs Adventure vs Explore.

Sorry if that is too nitpicky. :D

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

Launch edition was only 1 week, total. You could place reservations prior to that, but until the configurator, you couldn't say LE vs Adventure vs Explore.

Sorry if that is too nitpicky. :D
I guess you won't be one of my +1s. :p

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
I’m curious how full the appointment calendar for the Normal event was when you scheduled your test drive?

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Yes, a few LE R1S holders have reported getting invites.

The only factors seem to be Launch Edition and proximity to the factory.
That’s strange they are inviting R1S preorder holders since the LE for those don’t launch for a while. Do you think they’ll have R1Ss or you’ll have to test drive an R1T? Which would be kinda strange.
Sponsored