Sponsored

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
I will see what I can do regarding the tires…but the audio comparison may not be available if they are only putting out LE’s.

Another possible variable for people being contacted could be the signup that came out a few days ago. I did signup to be notified of the the test drive events. Seems like at least every LE preorder holder should have been on that list as a default but who knows. Anyone sign up for that and still not get contacted with the 200 mile radius of Normal?
Yes I signed up to be notified

aw113sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1t
For a data point, I'm 316mi from Normal, 3/19 reservation, R1T LE and R1S LE, I didn't receive any contact.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
For a data point, I'm 316mi from Normal, 3/19 reservation, R1T LE and R1S LE, I didn't receive any contact.
Have any R1S holders gotten invites?

Sponsored

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
I wonder if they will continue these test drive events through winter or stop once it gets cold/starts snowing.

McMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
I’m scheduled for 9/26 afternoon. St. Louis R1S LE preordered 6/19. Can’t wait! We are allowed to bring +2.
Have fun! I can’t wait to see some in St. Louis. I’m in St. Louis as well but not with a launch edition reservation (explore R1S).

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I wonder if they will continue these test drive events through winter or stop once it gets cold/starts snowing.
customer service indicated to me that they’d be starting in Canada in November. In my part of Canada, that’s also the start of 5-6 months of wintry misery. So I hope winter doesn’t stop them.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Have any R1S holders gotten invites?
Yes, a few LE R1S holders have reported getting invites.

The only factors seem to be Launch Edition and proximity to the factory.

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
I heard you have to be inside the R1T’ EPA range. You just missed it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

They could easily do them in winter on the west coast, especially in CA.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Yes, a few LE R1S holders have reported getting invites.

The only factors seem to be Launch Edition and proximity to the factory.
Thank you - I misread initial discussion to think it was LE and near one of the four centers (I am about 15 mi from the Brooklyn one).

FullNelsonAZ

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Suburban, Chevy Spark EV, Cadillac XT4
Could it be those getting an invite to Normal will be picking up their Rivian? Range from Normal within 300 miles? Maybe they would push that a second adult driver comes with if that was the case... or put your other ride on a car hauler for you. "Hey, check out this R1T... by the way... it is yours." Just thinking positive for the lucky ones that have an invite.

BWillR1T

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander, Audi Q7
Occupation
Construction Executive
Clubs

Could it be those getting an invite to Normal will be picking up their Rivian? Range from Normal within 300 miles? Maybe they would push that a second adult driver comes with if that was the case... or put your other ride on a car hauler for you. "Hey, check out this R1T... by the way... it is yours." Just thinking positive for the lucky ones that have an invite.
I wish that were the case. I am going but I haven’t heard from my guide yet (Oct. ‘19 preorder). Actually, I am fine with waiting a little bit for any kinks to get worked out and to get some feedback on tire/wheel selection before I finalize. I am hopeful for delivery around March timeframe.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Ok, question for people being invited. Would any of you be willing to do a FB live or YouTube live for us leftover?
Sponsored