Sponsored

JEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, 2016 Volvo S60
Occupation
Technical Support
I would ping customer service. They're usually really supportive of 2018 preorders from what I've seen. I'm Jan 2020 and got an invite and I'm in Chicago. Tons of a weekday slots still left I'd imagine.

I got on a chat with Bryan and he said I should have gotten the email. He's going to help me get signed up. Looks like I'll be going on Monday, since all the time slots on Sunday are full.
Sponsored

GIJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Tesla 3
Iā€™m scheduled for 9/26 afternoon. St. Louis R1S LE preordered 6/19. Canā€™t wait! We are allowed to bring +2.

STLBlues76

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Attorney
Iā€™m scheduled for 9/26 afternoon. St. Louis R1S LE preordered 6/19. Canā€™t wait! We are allowed to bring +2.
What time on the 26th? Iā€™m also an R1S-LE-STL! Looking forward to meeting some more locals!

hkb26

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5
Clubs

I got on a chat with Bryan and he said I should have gotten the email. He's going to help me get signed up. Looks like I'll be going on Monday, since all the time slots on Sunday are full.
Check your spam folder and also make sure you email address is correct with them.

GIJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Tesla 3
What time on the 26th? Iā€™m also an R1S-LE-STL! Looking forward to meeting some more locals!
345. Likewise. Looking forward to meeting more locals on the Rivian bandwagon. What time are you?

Sponsored

STLBlues76

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Attorney
345. Likewise. Looking forward to meeting more locals on the Rivian bandwagon. What time are you?
Iā€™m 2:45. Taking one of the kiddos with me and she is excited. My wife and other daughters could not care less ?ā€ā™‚

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

I don't have the tab. Interesting.
From what I can tell between here and FB, it depends on LE, R1T or R1S, and proximity to the Normal plant. I've seen Indy, STL, and northern Chicago suburbs as the boundary so far.

JEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, 2016 Volvo S60
Occupation
Technical Support
Check your spam folder and also make sure you email address is correct with them.

It's odd because I have been getting all the other email notices from them, so I'm not sure what happened. It's not in the junk mail folder. I got the confirmation email after the chat with CS, so I'm good for Monday morning.

Sponsored

JEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, 2016 Volvo S60
Occupation
Technical Support
2/20 R1T LE preorder 78 miles from Normal plant.
no email and no event icon

There are still open slots during the week. Get on the chat with them or send an email to CS and ask. That's what I had to do.

BWillR1T

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander, Audi Q7
Occupation
Construction Executive
Clubs

From one of the unloved insignificant many who didnā€™t get an invite to the lucky few who will do the test drive, could you please check to see if there are any R1T or R1S around with 21ā€œ tires on and see if you can get more than one ride to do a comp test to see if the ride have a different feel than 20ā€ tires on road?

Oh, and may be how the standard (not the top trim) audio system sounds like?

It is hard to make an educated selection when all you have heard of is only one tire size and one sound system.
I will see what I can do regarding the tiresā€¦but the audio comparison may not be available if they are only putting out LEā€™s.

Another possible variable for people being contacted could be the signup that came out a few days ago. I did signup to be notified of the the test drive events. Seems like at least every LE preorder holder should have been on that list as a default but who knows. Anyone sign up for that and still not get contacted with the 200 mile radius of Normal?

• Love
Reactions: Max

Ribeye

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
63 Lincoln
Email just came test drives for Normal Schedule your drive!

You have an all-access pass to experiences featuring the R1T.

Rivian Test Drive Invitations are arriving! And First Mile events tab now available {filename}

First Mile invitations are non-transferrable and space is limited. Youā€™ll want to schedule your drive right away.

Please note that we can only provide one First Mile experience per preorder holder.

We canā€™t wait to see you.

ā€” Team Rivian

Questions? Please reach out to us at [email protected] or 1ā€‘888ā€‘RIVIAN1.

14600 Myford Rd., Irvine, CA, 92606
Ā© 2021 Rivian | All rights reserved.

Admin update:

Here's what the confirmation email looks like:

Rivian Test Drive Invitations are arriving! And First Mile events tab now available {filename}
Email just came test drives for Normal Schedule your drive!

You have an all-access pass to experiences featuring the R1T.

First Mile invitations are non-transferrable and space is limited. Youā€™ll want to schedule your drive right away.

Please note that we can only provide one First Mile experience per preorder holder.

We canā€™t wait to see you.

ā€” Team Rivian

Questions? Please reach out to us at [email protected] or 1ā€‘888ā€‘RIVIAN1.

14600 Myford Rd., Irvine, CA, 92606
Ā© 2021 Rivian | All rights reserved.

Admin update:

Here's what the confirmation email looks like:

Thanks. Did you need to sign up or did you get an email/other communication from Rivian directly? The reason I ask is that I have nothing from Rivian, preordered 12/19, configured an R1T with Max Pack (so not LE), and live in west suburban Chicago. Just trying to see if the First Mile is for LE preorder holders only!

Ribeye

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
63 Lincoln
There are still open slots during the week. Get on the chat with them or send an email to CS and ask. That's what I had to do.
I would ping customer service. They're usually really supportive of 2018 preorders from what I've seen. I'm Jan 2020 and got an invite and I'm in Chicago. Tons of a weekday slots still left I'd imagine.
For a $100k preorder, why do I need to ping CS? They know my credit card number, day I prepaid a deposit, my zip code (Chicago area), blah blah blah. Not happy I need to be an advocate for why I should close the deal.

Kmann1994

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
For a $100k preorder, why do I need to ping CS? They know my credit card number, day I prepaid a deposit, my zip code (Chicago area), blah blah blah. Not happy I need to be an advocate for why I should close the deal.
Oh god ? We found Mr. Entitledā€¦
Sponsored