Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

If R1S holders got an invite, how many would rant about only being able to test the R1T which they didn't order?
Or is it better to invite people that ordered the vehicle that is currently available to test and will be shipping first?

They can only perform so many test drives/demonstrations in a day. They have to set some boundaries and priorities. No matter how they structured it, some people would be whining. It would be unreasonable to expect them to prioritize test drives in the R1T for R1S preorder holders and leave some R1T LE customers hanging out to dry.
But that is what they did. Some who are R1S preorders did get the test drive invite, read through this thread and you’ll see that’s what folks have said.
Sponsored

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

I’m curious how full the appointment calendar for the Normal event was when you scheduled your test drive?
When I booked it, Wednesday the 29th and Thursday the 30th were basically wide open. I just went back to look again, but the website threw an error.

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
I didn't get the email :-( and I live just an hour from Normal and preordered 11-26-2018. I sure don't get how they choose the order these go out !
You and me both! I was 11-27-18 and 45 miles away.

Very strange... But I'm a max pack R1T order.

Wonder if they're using that as a reason (even though customer service said they wouldn't).

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
You and me both! I was 11-27-18 and 45 miles away.

Very strange... But I'm a max pack R1T order.

Wonder if they're using that as a reason (even though customer service said they wouldn't).
Seems like these events, initially, are aimed at launch edition people. Which keeps the numbers more manageable.

Sponsored

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Seems like these events, initially, are aimed at launch edition people. Which keeps the numbers more manageable.
I emailed CS, we'll see... Maybe I'll get a test drive? I'm more worried about clearing my work schedule ?.

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
<rant>
Apologies for the entitled rant, but...I have not received an invite to the Normal First Mile event and I am not happy.

I'm a Nov 29, 2018 preorder holder (R1S LE, Launch Green) who lives in Illinois >100 miles from the factory (Chicago suburbs). I chatted with CS on Sep 3 and they offered to put a note on my account that I was willing to travel to the First Mile events. I also submitted my interest via the online form the same day. I just pinged CS again and got nothing more than an offer to note my interest.

This isn't the end of the world, but honestly Rivian's lack of attention to someone in their backyard who has been an advocate for so long is a bit of a gut punch. Not to mention that it really doesn't help me rebut my friend who says that I won't be seeing my truck before 2023.
</rant>
I actually called CS to ask if max pack preorder holders would or wouldn't get an invite as soon as they announced the test drives. They of course told me "no it wouldn't exclude me", but yeah no invite.

Again, we'll see what they say, but hearing that they stone walled you, I'm sorry to hear that. You're 100% right "gut punch" in deed.

I didn't include my previous conversations with CS in my email, nor did I include my 3 pictures of RJ and I at Rivian events... Thought that would be a bit much, but if they squeeze me in some how @tnawara you could be my +1 ?, I mean that.

If I get a "yes" from CS, we'll car pool from my place just north of the plant.

Deal?

JEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, 2016 Volvo S60
Occupation
Technical Support
I actually called CS to ask if max pack preorder holders would or wouldn't get an invite as soon as they announced the test drives. They of course told me "no it wouldn't exclude me", but yeah no invite.

Again, we'll see what they say, but hearing that they stone walled you, I'm sorry to hear that. You're 100% right "gut punch" in deed.

I didn't include my previous conversations with CS in my email, nor did I include my 3 pictures of RJ and I at Rivian events... Thought that would be a bit much, but if they squeeze me in some how @tnawara you could be my +1 ?, I mean that.

If I get a "yes" from CS, we'll car pool from my place just north of the plant.

Deal?

Here's my take on it. They are limiting the number of people and scheduling 30 min time slots staggered every 15 min. I think this is partly due to covid and just to keep it at 1 truck on the track, at a time. So we don't really know how many preorders there are in the area, but I'm assuming the week of Sept 26-30 is already booked up. They haven't sent invitations for any other locations, that I know of. I'm guessing things start picking up next week and more events will be scheduled in October.

They have been giving us a lot in the past couple of weeks, but it just ramps up the excitement level and makes us all the more impatient. I was lucky enough to get in on this test drive, but I still have not heard from a guide and I have no idea when I'll get my R1T LE.

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Here's my take on it. They are limiting the number of people and scheduling 30 min time slots staggered every 15 min. I think this is partly due to covid and just to keep it at 1 truck on the track, at a time. So we don't really know how many preorders there are in the area, but I'm assuming the week of Sept 26-30 is already booked up. They haven't sent invitations for any other locations, that I know of. I'm guessing things start picking up next week and more events will be scheduled in October.

They have been giving us a lot in the past couple of weeks, but it just ramps up the excitement level and makes us all the more impatient. I was lucky enough to get in on this test drive, but I still have not heard from a guide and I have no idea when I'll get my R1T LE.
I'm sure you're right, I'm not complaining... Again, order your vehicle when Rivian says "most expensive and highly optioned vehicles with largest battery packs get first delivery" and then we all know how that goes.

It is what it is, it's a car, not the end of the world, and on top of it I've preorder ICE cars before and had to wait, again we all find our way...

Just excited that we're gonna get our hands on the R1T after all these years.

Hope sooner rather then later, but later always comes sooner then you think.

??

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

That’s strange they are inviting R1S preorder holders since the LE for those don’t launch for a while. Do you think they’ll have R1Ss or you’ll have to test drive an R1T? Which would be kinda strange.
If you believe the company line, R1S is still only a month or two behind R1T.

Sponsored

SirArpsAlot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Lexus Rx350, Reserved R1S
Clubs

So for those that are invited and going.... are you supposed to come at your specified time slot or earlier? They say in the experience is a 2 hour thing but the appointment is only for 1/2 hour??

OP
OP
Blueassassin

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I figured on showing up a little early. Figure we would be able to check out the trucks that aren't driving. I really want to show my wife the tent and kitchen so hopefully that will be on display.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
So for those that are invited and going.... are you supposed to come at your specified time slot or earlier? They say in the experience is a 2 hour thing but the appointment is only for 1/2 hour??
Could be that the time on the track is 30 mins and the rest is factory tour, checking out colors etc.

OP
OP
Blueassassin

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I have a list of things I want to get pictures of and questions on.

Zone lighting?
Front license plate mounting?
Winch? mounting, wiring
if the subs are under the back seats "meridian" do they limit the storage?
hooks in the frunk, better pictures of the inside wall.
kitchen lights?
accent lighting in the cab "we have no shots of it in the dark"

let me know if we have others I'm forgetting I might be able to get
Sponsored