Sponsored

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
Quick update 2/20 R1T LE reservation 78 miles from Normal. I didn't receive an invitational email on Friday so I called CS today. No soup, no explanation and no future dates.
I must admit with the likelihood of the Rivian delays costing me the tax credit, the sub 300 mile range on the "standard" LE and now this snub my enthusiasm for this truck is waning. Guess I need to be harvesting anyway, no time to be messing with trucks.
Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Quick update 2/20 R1T LE reservation 78 miles from Normal. I didn't receive an invitational email on Friday so I called CS today. No soup, no explanation and no future dates.
I must admit with the likelihood of the Rivian delays costing me the tax credit, the sub 300 mile range on the "standard" LE and now this snub my enthusiasm for this truck is waning. Guess I need to be harvesting anyway, no time to be messing with trucks.
I can appreciate your annoyance at the perceived snub, and the EV credit becoming a concern due to the delays. I don't understand the range concern though? They said it would be 300+ on the 21s, and it's 314 on the 21s. Exactly as they've said all along.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Wow. What the hell. That sucks that they didn't elaborate at all for you. Pretty poor customer service IMO.

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
I can appreciate your annoyance at the perceived snub, and the EV credit becoming a concern due to the delays. I don't understand the range concern though? They said it would be 300+ on the 21s, and it's 314 on the 21s. Exactly as they've said all along.
The LE were sold with the extra value (perk) of the AT tire as standard . The AT are not going to get 300 miles

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
The LE were sold with the extra value (perk) of the AT tire as standard . The AT are not going to get 300 miles
The extra perk was that the 20" ATs were available as a free optional upgrade (as were the 22's), not that they were the standard. The LE comes standard with the 21", which gets more than 300 miles. They've stated all along that the 20's and 22's served other purposes, and that mileage would be less.

But agreed with the rest of your statements and I'd be annoyed as well.

Sponsored

tnawara

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance 2022
<rant>
Apologies for the entitled rant, but...I have not received an invite to the Normal First Mile event and I am not happy.

I'm a Nov 29, 2018 preorder holder (R1S LE, Launch Green) who lives in Illinois >100 miles from the factory (Chicago suburbs). I chatted with CS on Sep 3 and they offered to put a note on my account that I was willing to travel to the First Mile events. I also submitted my interest via the online form the same day. I just pinged CS again and got nothing more than an offer to note my interest.

This isn't the end of the world, but honestly Rivian's lack of attention to someone in their backyard who has been an advocate for so long is a bit of a gut punch. Not to mention that it really doesn't help me rebut my friend who says that I won't be seeing my truck before 2023.
</rant>

OP
OP
Blueassassin

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

<rant>
Apologies for the entitled rant, but...I have not received an invite to the Normal First Mile event and I am not happy.

I'm a Nov 29, 2018 preorder holder (R1S LE, Launch Green) who lives in Illinois >100 miles from the factory (Chicago suburbs). I chatted with CS on Sep 3 and they offered to put a note on my account that I was willing to travel to the First Mile events. I also submitted my interest via the online form the same day. I just pinged CS again and got nothing more than an offer to note my interest.

This isn't the end of the world, but honestly Rivian's lack of attention to someone in their backyard who has been an advocate for so long is a bit of a gut punch. Not to mention that it really doesn't help me rebut my friend who says that I won't be seeing my truck before 2023.
</rant>
Sounds like the only people that got it are R1T orders. The first test drive event that they showed us was R1T's only. Makes sense but I feel your pain.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
If R1S holders got an invite, how many would rant about only being able to test the R1T which they didn't order?
Or is it better to invite people that ordered the vehicle that is currently available to test and will be shipping first?

They can only perform so many test drives/demonstrations in a day. They have to set some boundaries and priorities. No matter how they structured it, some people would be whining. It would be unreasonable to expect them to prioritize test drives in the R1T for R1S preorder holders and leave some R1T LE customers hanging out to dry.

Joel&Sue

First Name
Joel&Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Lexus Rx450, Corvette
Email just came test drives for Normal Schedule your drive!

You have an all-access pass to experiences featuring the R1T.

Rivian Test Drive Invitations are arriving! And First Mile events tab now available {filename}

First Mile invitations are non-transferrable and space is limited. You’ll want to schedule your drive right away.

Please note that we can only provide one First Mile experience per preorder holder.

We can’t wait to see you.

— Team Rivian

Questions? Please reach out to us at [email protected] or 1‑888‑RIVIAN1.

14600 Myford Rd., Irvine, CA, 92606
© 2021 Rivian | All rights reserved.

Admin update:

Here's what the confirmation email looks like:

Rivian Test Drive Invitations are arriving! And First Mile events tab now available {filename}
So does that mean the spouse and family can’t ride along?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I read that differently as in you can only make 1 appointment, not who can ride along during the appointment.

Sponsored

tnawara

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance 2022
If R1S holders got an invite, how many would rant about only being able to test the R1T which they didn't order?
Or is it better to invite people that ordered the vehicle that is currently available to test and will be shipping first?

They can only perform so many test drives/demonstrations in a day. They have to set some boundaries and priorities. No matter how they structured it, some people would be whining. It would be unreasonable to expect them to prioritize test drives in the R1T for R1S preorder holders and leave some R1T LE customers hanging out to dry.
Oh, I definitely understand that they can’t fit everyone in, but after seeing that @STLBlues76 got an invite as an *R1S* reservation holder from St Louis (probably obvious from their handle), I got annoyed (not with you, @STLBlues76 - congrats on the invite and let me know if you have room for one more ;))

JEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, 2016 Volvo S60
Occupation
Technical Support

Maybe they are starting with the 2018-2019 R1T LE preorders. The number of slots are limited. I would hope they continue to have test drives as an ongoing event into October - November.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
You can bring two other people. You can only book one event.

mcatt2264

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2019 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Retired Executive
Clubs

Feb 2019 LE Preorder, living 76 miles east of the plant... no invite. Plenty of CS responses to emails but basically told to wait for future dates.
Sponsored