Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
What about the pedestrian warning sound when you are moving slowly?? What's that like?
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
This would have been smart I do have to say some of the guys there didn't know much one guy was trying to tell me the mugs weren't snow peak and I was trying to explain to him that they were... they are these stackable snow peak mugs and felt very nice.
1632744602752.png
I bought one for my wife a few years ago, it’s her favourite mug for road trips etc. But is a press fit in most cupholders used to date.
We also already have the snow peak kettle and some other things. All of snow peak’s stuff is very, very well made.

I have asked Rivian customer service the mug question, I’ve asked motor trend people, I’ve asked the person who led the kitchen project… no one has tried that mug in the cupholder apparently ?
I have a freelance auto journalist acquaintance, he’s promised to see if it fits when he gets a go in an R1.

OP
OP
Blueassassin

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

OP
OP
Blueassassin

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

That reasoning sounds pretty weak. Doesn't give great confidence in the reliability.
that's what I thought and told him as well but that truck was vin number 16 and a customers truck so then I understood.

Sponsored

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
Surprised they didnt have a forest edge.

Man, Ocean Coast looks GREAT in those pics

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Didnt hear any going.
Humm...interesting. Maybe that means you can easily turn it on and off and they had it turned off in all the demos. We all know they must have it since it's required by law.

Hope someone going to a demo can have them turn it on and record it!!??

Reactions: ean

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

that's what I thought and told him as well but that truck was vin number 16 and a customers truck so then I understood.
They are using actual customer trucks for demos!?! Hopefully that's just one of the early employees and not an outside customer.

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
They are using actual customer trucks for demos!?! Hopefully that's just one of the early employees and not an outside customer.
Given that it sounds like the early employees are the first deliveries, I'm guessing yeah. And if I had to have a line of people sit in my truck in order to be one of the first to get it, I'd take that trade willingly.

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Thanks to everyone who attended for posting their thoughts and pictures.

Did anyone who attended get to engage/use “Sport Launch” mode?

Sponsored

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
My $.02 - I don't think they're using actual customers' vehicles for the event. It sounds like they are production trucks, which is great, and these will be used for the events as they travel around the country. Maybe they sell them when it's all said and done as used vehicles, but I don't think they are borrowing delivered customers' trucks to be beat up at the events.

STLBlues76

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Attorney
Given that it sounds like the early employees are the first deliveries, I'm guessing yeah. And if I had to have a line of people sit in my truck in order to be one of the first to get it, I'd take that trade willingly.
I posted this on another thread, but I was told by two different employees that these were not production vehicles, but pre-production prototypes that were as close to production as possible without taking a car out of a customer's hands. So, sounds like we may have gotten conflicting info!

STLBlues76

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Thanks to everyone who attended for posting their thoughts and pictures.

Did anyone who attended get to engage/use “Sport Launch” mode?
Yes! That is one of the first things you do on the track. And this baby flies!

aw113sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1t
Can someone ask why there are 2x 12V batteries? I'm wondering if it's only for packaging, or if they have a secondary function (like isolation from each other so if one drains, the other can start the car)?

STLBlues76

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Surprised they didnt have a forest edge.

Man, Ocean Coast looks GREAT in those pics
There were a few with the Forest Edge interior (I actually drove a Compass Yellow with FE interior), and it is beautiful! I am still sticking with Ocean Coast, but honestly, you cannot go wrong. All the interiors looked beautiful.
Sponsored