RivianXpress

Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Sprinter, Husky TE300 TPI, BMW R1250GSA
Occupation
Retired
Has the sign up link/banner bene removed?

I signed up last week but I no longer see it on the website...

CarterGee

First Name
Carter
Reaction score
First Name
Carter
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner Limited '16
If I hadddd to guess, I'd assume that the test drives are starting in Normal at the end of September. And I bet you they'll do some sort of big announcement about delivering their first trucks to owners there before "kicking the tour off" and heading across the US. I bet we won't see test drives for the other cities they announced until October.

If they do it that way, they're totally keeping their promise and people shouldn't be mad. But some people will be :)

Atlrivian

Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
If I hadddd to guess, I'd assume that the test drives are starting in Normal at the end of September. And I bet you they'll do some sort of big announcement about delivering their first trucks to owners there before "kicking the tour off" and heading across the US. I bet we won't see test drives for the other cities they announced until October.

If they do it that way, they're totally keeping their promise and people shouldn't be mad. But some people will be :)
That would be in keeping with the Rivian pattern of technically meeting deadlines, but not meeting them in spirit.

Would also strongly imply no one is receiving a truck without at least an offer of a test drive. Would seriously limit how many trucks they can deliver this year.

1631312422738.png

crashmtb

Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
If I had to guess, they’re working with a 200 mile radius of Normal. Something like that.

Pherdnut

Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Honda Civic EX - way overdue for upgrade
Also, I got a test drive invite and my order # is pretty far down. Preordered in Jan 2020 IIRC. Edit: I'm in Chicago which is almost 3 hours from Normal. The drive back is going to seem rather dull, I suspect.

SirArpsAlot

Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Lexus Rx350, Reserved R1S
Got the last slot for Sunday!! Can't wait (though I will have to listen to the bears game instead of watching it since I have to drive down to Normal.... small price to pay :))

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Reaction score
Website
www.matthewjensenrealtor.com
First Name
Matthew
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
Occupation
Business Owner www.allianceavgroup.com, and Realtor
Also events tab is open.
1631309405207.png
This is awesome! What were the date options? Curious how many days there are doing it for. Looks like a 30 minute slot?

hensot01

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
VP
I'm 205 miles from Normal so far no invite Feb 2019 pre-order

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
TPA
Great! Now I will be obsessively checking my email until I get an invitation. Hopefully, the L.A. invitations will start arriving soon.

Advertisement

Advertisement