Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

I don't think it's a demand issue at all, I believe it a 'pressure tactic' that causes every board in any major EV company to realize they cannot compete against the Tesla sales model......and of course draws thousands of new buyers into the fold. Tesla is the most loyal EV brand and for that matter, top 3 major brand.

Get them in the door now, own them for longer than any other brand could ever imagine.....but what do I know...I sell magnetic jack pucks :)

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Wow. Was literally pricing mid-sized SUV EVs this morning (including my R1S reservation). But while I dont nessasarly prefer the Model Y over the others, the value for the money was pretty significant. Was thinking the MY was going to be my next purchase. Fast forward 12 hours and its $3k cheaper. Pretty good deal…

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
I don't think it's a demand issue at all, I believe it a 'pressure tactic' that causes every board in any major EV company to realize they cannot compete against the Tesla sales model......and of course draws thousands of new buyers into the fold. Tesla is the most loyal EV brand and for that matter, top 3 major brand.

Get them in the door now, own them for longer than any other brand could ever imagine.....but what do I know...I sell magnetic jack pucks :)
Fuji water doesn’t lower their prices when Dasani does. At the end of the day, while both may be water, brand value has worth. Tesla is diminishing theirs with their cuts.

They would be much better off introducing a lower price model 2 asap than cannibalizing their future sales.

For Tesla, they know if they stop manufacturing, they’ll sink like a shark that stops swimming. It’s as much as an attempt to keep momentum for Tesla as it’s about “strategy” against competitors.

Their backlog is falling and price is the only lever they have right now.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Long term vision, 5, 10, 15, 20 years out is not a traditional American model....it's a Musk model.....

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
It's purely demand problem. There is no other reason to cut prices 6 times in 4 months. They better cut production soon and stop building more gigafactories.

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Long term vision, 5, 10, 15, 20 years out is not a traditional American model....it's a Musk model.....
I think you give Musk too much credit. BYD is demolishing Tesla in China. If it can happen in China, it can happen in the US. That is, other entrant (or combination of them) reduce Tesla’s market share.

Rivian R1T R1S Tesla Slashes Prices Again - $39,900 M3, $49,900 MY Long Range 1681883027082

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
I think you give Musk too much credit. BYD is demolishing Tesla in China. If it can happen in China, it can happen in the US. That is, other entrant (or combination of them) reduce Tesla’s market share.

1681883027082.jpeg
I concur. While Musk is smart, he also has Charlatan-like characteristics that many are starting to get tired of. And the antics…. ☹

Last edited:

Rob Stark

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S

1681883027082.jpeg
BYD sells a lot cheap krapp in China and 3rd world countries with razor thin margins.

Post sales by revenue instead of units sold.

Or post by profit per unit. Or total profit.

Tesla is killing BYD in Europe by a wider margin.

Wider still in the US.

Tesla's Mexican made Model 2 is going to flip the game again.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

BYD is formidable...but Tesla has 6x net profit over BYD per every vehicle sold......Tesla cash is a weapon and they wield it well. Keep the pipeline full while they bring on storage and new product launches....

Rivian R1T R1S Tesla Slashes Prices Again - $39,900 M3, $49,900 MY Long Range net profit graphics ev

Reactions: Rad

Rob Stark

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S
This is only training the customer to wait and not buy Teslas. It’s a demand problem. They are better off cutting production and preserving their pricing power.
It is doing no such thing.

Tesla can increase prices next month 1%. or 20%.

Tesla raised prices in from 2020 through mid 2022.

This is telling the global auto industry that in the global EV market Tesla is the big dog.

Tesla eats first. Then everyone else divides what market share is left.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

Tesla can continue to slash prices because their margins are significantly higher than other auto manufacturers.

Deleted member 11292

I think it's interesting how those who worship Elon used to brag about his altruistic goal of saving the planet with overall EV adoption, who now jump online when he slashes prices and interpret it as him trying to crush the competition. Is that good for the planet or good for Elon?

And why are you so excited by the prospect? Is having the choice of only 2 EV models appealing to you?

I smell rats.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator: