Revelation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
It also has bulletproof glass!
Correct. Your Jeep does not exist in the context of this conversation.
No it does not have bulletproof glass, it was never advertised or in any other way indicated to have that. They called it armored glass as it was stronger than normal automotive glass. Tesla / Elon have only claimed the steel exoskeleton is bulletproof up to 9mm.
Sponsored

MXA121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model 3
No it does not have bulletproof glass, it was never advertised or in any other way indicated to have that. They called it armored glass as it was stronger than normal automotive glass. Tesla / Elon have only claimed the steel exoskeleton is bulletproof up to 9mm.
Forgive me. I must have mistaken bulletproof exoskeleton and armored glass. Both of which are gimmicks imo. Glad you guys are excited for it. Will be cool to see on the road.

Madsen203

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Manager
if they changed Model X base model to 80k to hit the tax requirement, I’d place order immediately. I’m sure many others would as well. For Tesla, that may not be a good thing as they don’t care too much about selling those it seems. I’d be happy in a LR MX 5 seater. I love my MY and would be hard pressed to trade it for anything else currently available.

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
Okay, but the question was how can you comment about "revolutionary" when it doesn't exist?

This is the first vehicle ever designed with an exoskeleton. My comment was that it is revolutionary, and that has slowed production a bit getting those new bits unkinked. I suppose people can certainly split hairs, but beta and Delta units are running around, and that exoskeleton is currently in production, albeit in limited numbers.

I have a 1-off Jeep that is highly customized. No, you cannot buy one at a dealer like it. It is the only one that exists like this one. Does that mean that my Jeep does not exist?
🤔
I’m still failing to understand how the exoskeleton will even be revolutionary. It seems to me it’s a negative since if you get in an accident the panels won’t be replaceable? Maybe I don’t understand the advantages for the consumer.
I’m still nervous about the CT price also. I’m going to be surprised if it’s cheaper than the R1T, I’m guessing it will start at 79.9k and go up to 130k but who knows with their recent price cuts

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Sailing, motorcycling, travel (Retired)
Forgive me. I must have mistaken bulletproof exoskeleton and armored glass. Both of which are gimmicks imo. Glad you guys are excited for it. Will be cool to see on the road.
Been driving for almost fifty years now and never once been shot at — even back when I drove a Peugeot wagon years ago.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE/LG/BM/AT
Been driving for almost fifty years now and never once been shot at — even back when I drove a Peugeot wagon years ago.
Would you like us to change that?

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Chevy Spark EV
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
It also has bulletproof glass!
Correct. Your Jeep does not exist in the context of this conversation.
Wow. Ok then. 🫤

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer

Thoughts?
Yup. Power move by the T brand that is going to weed out all but the strongest... hoping Rivian can ride out the shockwaves.

At the end of the day, however, we the consumer win as prices come down. Happy about that.

Sponsored

Zybane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Military Pilot
It is good news I think for Rivian buyers that actually want to use their vehicles. As the Tesla price reductions cut the knees off their competitors, this means people buying Rivians just to flip will dry up as their used values continue to decrease.

As will the weak economy coming over the next couple of years.

This would speed up deliveries.

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
It is good news I think for Rivian buyers that actually want to use their vehicles. As the Tesla price reductions cut the knees off their competitors, this means people buying Rivians just to flip will dry up as their used values continue to decrease.

As will the weak economy coming over the next couple of years.

This would speed up deliveries.
I don't think the Rivian used car values has any relevance to the Tesla price cuts. People don't usually cross-shop between the two. The Rivian R1T/R1S are highly specialized vehicles that do not compete with Tesla. So I see Rivian flippers drying up as a result of time and not from "Tesla price reduction cutting the knees off their competitors" as you indicate.

The Tesla price cuts is not a coincidence it happened as established Asian manufacturers like KIA and Hyundai begin to make inroads with their award winning and much cheaper EVs. We know that Chinese manufacturers with their cheaper EVs are coming - BYD has sold more EVs than Tesla in China. And the fact that Tesla produced more cars than it delivered during the period of unprecedented supply chain problems indicate that it's not the issue for their cars sitting on the lot as with other manufacturers. As supply chain problems ease, Tesla will face even fiercer competition.

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I don't think the Rivian used car values has any relevance to the Tesla price cuts. People don't usually cross-shop between the two. The Rivian R1T/R1S are highly specialized vehicles that do not compete with Tesla. So I see Rivian flippers drying up as a result of time and not from "Tesla price reduction cutting the knees off their competitors" as you indicate.

The Tesla price cuts is not a coincidence it happened as established Asian manufacturers like KIA and Hyundai begin to make inroads with their award winning and much cheaper EVs. We know that Chinese manufacturers with their cheaper EVs are coming - BYD has sold more EVs than Tesla in China. And the fact that Tesla produced more cars than it delivered during the period of unprecedented supply chain problems indicate that it's not the issue for their cars sitting on the lot as with other manufacturers. As supply chain problems ease, Tesla will face even fiercer competition.
You may not like Tesla or the Cybertruk, but it is a direct competitor. If pricing is released this year that seriously undercuts Rivian, it absolutely will affect Rivian, and they may want to adjust pricing accordingly.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Sponsored