First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Manager
7-seater Model X starts at $103,500 versus a Quad Motor Large Pack R1S starts at $92,000. So there is still a $11,500 difference.
Let’s talk about that 11k difference. People are paying 10k to get additional range for a Rivian. The MX has access to reliable super charger network which makes that additional range need obsolete. So paying $11k to have that + years of refinement and development + better GUI/AP, seems like No brainer when it comes to soccer moms and tech dudes.
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

The MX has access to reliable super charger network which makes that additional range need obsolete.
Lol, ok. Looking forward to all the Teslastans using this as an excuse for the Cybertruck not getting 500 miles of range.

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mercedes EQS SUV
Let’s talk about that 11k difference. People are paying 10k to get additional range for a Rivian. The MX has access to reliable super charger network which makes that additional range need obsolete. So paying $11k to have that + years of refinement and development + better GUI/AP, seems like No brainer when it comes to soccer moms and tech dudes.
I came from a Model X. The Rivian is better in every way except the charging network, which I need about twice a year.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
sometimes things go on discount for a reason...

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
I came from a Model X. The Rivian is better in every way except the charging network, which I need about twice a year.
Not every way, the user interface is miles better in the Tesla and the Rivian doesn't have blind spot cameras (which I still don't understand)

Sponsored

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
Tesla is opening up super charger network, it will be moot point very soon.

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Tesla is opening up super charger network, it will be moot point very soon.
Perhaps only open enough to tease many non-Tesla owners. But many people don't need to regularly use DCFC charging anyways.

I do like that the Superchargers Tesla has opened initially are more rural. IThe CCS owners in major cities are the ones who may get little help from Tesla.

Tesla has also limited the CCS Supercharging to 150kw to remind non-Tesla owners that they are not getting the full Supercharger experience.

Tesla strategizes very carefully and doesn't make moves without considering competitive advantage. They are not opening some Superchargers to be nice.

Kieran

First Name
Kieran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla S75, 2007 Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Engineer
MX has access to reliable super charger network which makes that additional range need obsolete.
Hahahahaha
Do you actually own an ev yet?
I own a Tesla, and trust me, I will ALWAYS want more range until they're offering about 600mi. Charging on road trips sucks.
Always divide by two when considering how far your range will actually get you between charging stops that you don't want to last more than 30 minutes.
Sponsored