Sponsored

Tesla Cybertruck Went From Exoskeleton Marvel to Unibody Honda Ridgeline Competitor

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
What a shame... if it had been built as originally described, it would have been revolutionary. Now it's just another EV 😞

Guess I will be holding on to my boat and trailer after all.....
Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
I sent Tesla a query about the snow plowing capabilities of the CT. so far crickets.
If it can tow infinite weight, shouldn't it be able to plow near-infinite snow?! :CWL:

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I sent Tesla a query about the snow plowing capabilities of the CT. so far crickets.
It can pull a near infinite mass, but how much can it push?

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
My understanding is they can't legally use those deposits towards operating the business.
If they are in escrow the money can be used as collateral for getting loans. A round about way of using them for operating costs.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

If they are in escrow the money can be used as collateral for getting loans. A round about way of using them for operating costs.
I always thought the same as what @Dark-Fx wrote. Thanks for explaining the potential benefit of having a lot of deposit money on the books.

Sponsored

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
My understanding is they can't legally use those deposits towards operating the business.
Even if they could, the amount is tiny relative to the $22.4B of cash they're shitting on.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Even if they could, the amount is tiny relative to the $22.4B of cash they're shitting on.
I had to scroll back and re-read that. Well played.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

Youre comparing apples to oranges. The reasons you get more miles in the Model 3, is because it’s smaller battery pack. You need to compare how much kwh youre getting. It Should be be roughly the same
???

The reason Model 3 gets more range has nothing to do with having a smaller battery pack. The reason is Tesla has more efficient drivetrain and software controller coupled with much lighter vehicle.

My M3 averages 3.6~3.7 miles/kWh at mostly driving at 80mph w/AC on 100% of the time. Everything I've seen Rivian do at best is around 2.5 miles/kWh.

If you are equating smaller battery pack = lighter weight than Rivian's, fine., but not sure that's what you meant AND definitely more miles per kWh than Rivian.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

And a very “part time” CEO at that! Don’t we thong Tesla deserves to have a “full time” CEO?!
And that part time CEO performs and accomplishes more than the full time CEO at Rivian. Not my opinion, the company performance comparison are there for anyone to look at.

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

Honestly surprised you didn't get the famous "💩" response...

Sponsored

Bigeasy70075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Tundra, Wrangler
Still not in love with the look of the cybertruck but I am going to bet it will be a very capable vehicle. I am a day one reservation for the cybertruck and an April 2019 reservation for the R1T. Unfortunately live in a no delivery state so after more than 4 years waiting I am still in the processing estimate purgatory with Rivian so the promises not delivered goes both ways. At this point I’ll take a truck from whoever can get me one first

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

And that part time CEO performs and accomplishes more than the full time CEO at Rivian. Not my opinion, the company performance comparison are there for anyone to look at.
How many years has Tesla been mass producing vehicles? How many has Rivian?

How were they at equal stages?

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Haha. Yeah right.
Sponsored