Sponsored

Tesla Cybertruck Went From Exoskeleton Marvel to Unibody Honda Ridgeline Competitor

MaskedRacerX

First Name
DT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Tesla M3P / '21 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Occupation
Software Dev / Architect / Product Designer
I think pickup shoppers will overlook the designed by aliens styling if the CT offers a better value.
I actually believe the Musk-ness and design is a much bigger motivator to purchase this vs. any sort of truck value. Since there's talk of a single motor, sub-$50K variant, it even sounds like there's going to be a version that's almost purely so you can be seen in one at Starbucks and C&C cruise-ins.

There's been a lot of discussions about this vehicle "taking traditional trucks sales" from Ford/GM/etc., and I'd say that's going to be a tiny percentage of the sales - I think this is mostly going to be a sort of, I guess I'd call it, a new market segment, sure some people who are in that traditional group, but really it's going to be Tesla fans / something-different people, the question is, how big is that market after the initial surge?

Side note: I asked my buddy who's a long time GM buyer in their fleet space, who owns an X (couple of years old), about whether he'd consider the CT for use in his business, and after he stopped laughing, I guess you can figure out his response ...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Count Orlok

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
Sandy speculates cybertoy will weigh less than R1T. no I will not post his video.

OP
OP
Count Orlok

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
I wonder if the departure news out of Tesla means this guy zach will be the scapegoat for the CT failure?

scottf200

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Past Ford Exped; curr TMX 100D; future BEV truck
Occupation
sw engineer
I love my Rivian and my R1T but if the Dual Motor Cybertruck starts under $70k it‘s going to put significant pressure on Rivian to lower R1T MSRP’s.

I think pickup shoppers will overlook the designed by aliens styling if the CT offers a better value.

BIW with front and rear aluminum castings attached
337F4408-7F49-4527-AE11-EF9E36043D56.jpeg
Underside of the Cybertruck and castings.

Rivian R1T R1S Tesla Cybertruck Went From Exoskeleton Marvel to Unibody Honda Ridgeline Competitor gUE0LpJ
Sponsored