Tesla Battery Day

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
WOW ... glad I bought the 2019 last August .... I have not checked the recent warranty which you provided. I need to check because I remember asking if the lifetime battery replacement was transferable if I sold the vehicle and I believe the answer was yes. Our Chevy Bolt is 8 years I believe.
Anything verbal when there is a written contract means zero (car purchase or anything else). Very possible the person who told you it was transferable did not know. If you sell it, the purchaser will get the 10yr/100K warranty of current vehicles.
Your Bolt does have an 8yr/100K warranty with degradation to below 60% covered.
Sponsored

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
I think lifetime warranties to original owners are a good idea. It gives that little extra incentive to pay that new car markup. One thing I suggested in an email to Rivian was a lifetime warranty to original owners extended to some degree to family members. If I can drive an expensive vehicle for 3 years and hand it off to my kids without their gaining an expensive battery replacement charge in the (acknowledged unlikely) event it goes bad, then I have that much more comfort in perhaps upgrading my lightly used expensive vehicle, and again paying that new car markup is more amenable to me.

Tio Ricco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Yes, I watched the presentation. My take away.... early purchasers of any model of Tesla will get screwed. Might also be true with any purchaser of a new car company. Hopefully by my RT1 delivery many of the bugs will work out. One other note: "Lifetime Warranty" this is determined in a state by state basis by the Attorney General. Arizona is like 7 1/2 years the last time I checked. So any real issues with a "Lifetime Warranty" needs to be investigated and any manufacturer can fall back on what that definition is for your State. Be careful in believing your "human" ownership or lifetime is not the "product" lifetime.

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Electric cars are still in their infancy, so they will all get better over time. The question is, are they good enough now for you to buy one. A 2025 Rivian R1T or R1S will have better range and probably cost less than a 2021 version, but you won't be able to drive it until 2025.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
Yes, I watched the presentation. My take away.... early purchasers of any model of Tesla will get screwed.
Demonstrably nonsense. Very few purchasers of Tesla MY think they got screwed.
Sponsored