Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

You sound confident in your assertion about waivers. Where are you getting your information?
Lobbyist friends say it's a done deal, hence why there is little noise on the subject out of any manufacturer....its typical for any bill of this nature... long transition period and waivers galore across the entire bill.....
Sponsored

RoadRunner

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner, Audi A6
Clubs

Lobbyist friends say it's a done deal, hence why there is little noise on the subject out of any manufacturer....its typical for any bill of this nature... long transition period and waivers galore across the entire bill.....
That's great news, hope it ends up being correct!

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

My friend, I hope you are right.

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
If the bill is signed into law, waivers will be issued that will allow most every manufacturer of EV's to qualify....100% for 2022/2023 Rivian purchases including those with window sticker prices over $80K......My LE window sticker price is below.......(accessories will not count towards the cut-off)......

What a sales price bargain: $74,875 - $7500= $67,375!!!

IMG20220806181511.jpg
You mean current rules for Rivian (and other EV manufacturers who haven't exhausted the 200K limit) for all deliveries during rest of 2022 and 2023? No price cap, no income cap, and no US source for batteries? That would be awesome news if true!

GR

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager

Sponsored

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

You mean current rules for Rivian (and other EV manufacturers who haven't exhausted the 200K limit) for all deliveries during rest of 2022 and 2023? No price cap, no income cap, and no US source for batteries? That would be awesome news if true!

GR
To get this out of committee (passed AOC crowd), these constraints on natural gas, coal, oil, and EV mandates had to be in the original legislation, simply to get an okay from their constituents. Check that box. In parallel lobbyists were working the aisles for waivers and transition periods. Coupled with this Musk cut a deal to get in on the $5B in charging infrastructure investment opportunities that they were previously x'd out of by agreeing to open up their SuperCharger infrastructure. Check that box.

We'll end up with a 100% waiver on Lithium battery content, a 1-2 year transition period for the bulk of the bill and my guess with a hybrid version of the income limitation parameters. The 200,000 vehicle limitation will be pushed back to something else all-together and Tesla's will get in on the pie again ......no one should be worried unless you're at $500K (wishful thinking)for a couple on AGI...........YMMV

OP
OP
Jac

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

CNN reports this morning the Senate will be completing “vote-a-rama” consideration of amendment proposals early Sunday morning. House of Representatives expected to convene on Friday to pass the legislation.

”(CNN) - The Senate on Saturday voted to advance Democrats' sweeping health care and climate bill toward final passage -- putting the package on track to pass the chamber as soon as this weekend.”

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/06/politics/senate-democrats-health-care-climate-bill-vote/index.html

Last edited:

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
I'm sure the lobbyist friend isn't making stuff up, but never count on something until it's done.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

If the $7500 credit is not available due to the new bill, are people really contemplating canceling their preorder???

Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
If the $7500 credit is not available due to the new bill, are people really contemplating canceling their preorder???
Contemplating? Absolutely. Even with the tax credit, an R1S will cost more than 2x as much as my wife or I have ever spent on a car. I don't actually need something as capable or as large -- an R2 would probably be a better fit, depending on what form it actually takes. I'd like the capability and the size, some of the time, but the value proposition is already tight for me. $7500 extra might legitimately tip it over the edge and cause me to look at one of the other options coming to market in the next year or two.

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
To get this out of committee (passed AOC crowd), these constraints on natural gas, coal, oil, and EV mandates had to be in the original legislation, simply to get an okay from their constituents. Check that box. In parallel lobbyists were working the aisles for waivers and transition periods. Coupled with this Musk cut a deal to get in on the $5B in charging infrastructure investment opportunities that they were previously x'd out of by agreeing to open up their SuperCharger infrastructure. Check that box.

We'll end up with a 100% waiver on Lithium battery content, a 1-2 year transition period for the bulk of the bill and my guess with a hybrid version of the income limitation parameters. The 200,000 vehicle limitation will be pushed back to something else all-together and Tesla's will get in on the pie again ......no one should be worried unless you're at $500K (wishful thinking)for a couple on AGI...........YMMV
From Your ears to God’s mouth!

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
The bill has now been passed by the Senate.