Not open for further replies.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
mabowden I feel you 100% and I'm right behind you. I'm not sure OC is worth waiting for anymore and I might have to finally give up on it. I think Limestone with BM is a very nice combo.
Its funny that you are GW/BM now. GW was the only other color I was considering with BM. I was between LS and GW, but I currently drive a white car, my wife's car is white, so I'm looking for something a little different. I really liked RB/OC, but RB/BM doesn't feel the same. Also I was thinking RB might be a little too bright.
I don't think I could stomach forest edge. I think it is very striking, and the wood is beautiful, but just not my jam. If I did I think the only colors it goes well with are the greens and GW, maybe LS.
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

It's not like there is a shortage of early adapters. The point is to move the needle on rate of adoption, which will require a lot of vehicles way less than 80k per.
Not for a while....unfortunately

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Its funny that you are GW/BM now. GW was the only other color I was considering with BM. I was between LS and GW, but I currently drive a white car, my wife's car is white, so I'm looking for something a little different. I really liked RB/OC, but RB/BM doesn't feel the same. Also I was thinking RB might be a little too bright.
I don't think I could stomach forest edge. I think it is very striking, and the wood is beautiful, but just not my jam. If I did I think the only colors it goes well with are the greens and GW, maybe LS.
You and I are on the same page. The only color I would want with RB for an interior is OC. That would be my preferred choice. I really am torn between GW and LS. I am worried I would have to take delivery of LS without seeing it in person and it seems like every picture I see of LS it literally looks different each time.

I would also consider FE with the GW because I do like that wood, but the price premium for FE is too much.

I have owned many white cars and would like to switch it up but I feel confident I know what the GW is going to look like and feel like I'm really rolling the dice with LS. El Cap is nice as well, and my First Mile vehicle had El Cap with BM and it was nice.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Reactions: Rad
OP
OP

TxBeachRivian

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura
Clubs

What happened to my nice little thread about a tax credit. You guys almost got it banned.

Sponsored

kyunam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 LS 400, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
not sure what I'm doing
Clubs

Can someone confirm yes/no please?
  • Launch Edition configured exactly at $80k
  • Oct-Dec delivery window
  • Joint tax filing and AGI is & will be less than $300k
If Rivian moves the delivery window into 2023 and this bill becomes effective starting 2023 January,
will I be still eligible for $7,500 credit?

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Can someone confirm yes/no please?
  • Launch Edition configured exactly at $80k
  • Oct-Dec delivery window
  • Joint tax filing and AGI is & will be less than $300k
If Rivian moves the delivery window into 2023 and this bill becomes effective starting 2023 January,
will I be still eligible for $7,500 credit?
If you have a written binding agreement in place before the bill is signed, yes.

If not, very likely no due to battery requirements but TBD.

(Battery requirement provision still might change due to parliamentarian process but very unclear)

McMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
I remember that samsung SDI is battery provider for rivian and come from South Korea which is part of free trade right? If That's the case, rivian should still qualify for 7500 from battery supplier perspective. Correct me If my understanding is wrong

Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
(previous response to someone else deleted because their comments in the thread aren’t actually worth responding to at this point…)

I have to hope some amendments happen because the current draft credit will be awful for all the reasons discussed. Most notably: It will make it much harder for startups which is a big net negative compared to the current credit, and it will push too hard for changes in the supply chain to have happened already which is impossible.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Sure was. Here is how I responded:
"Hello,

I really don't understand why Rivian would not help a significant number of their customers out by allowing those effected by the new legislation to begin the purchase process early.

My R1S was initially estimated to be here by the end of the calendar year. I have close friends who could be in an R1T by now but have been holding out for the max pack. Delays obviously happen, but those delays become particularly painful when they result in the loss of real money and there is a seemingly simple option that Rivian could pursue in order to eliminate this additional burden on some of their customers.

I hope you can pass along to the powers that be that people would appreciate it if they would reconsider this issue should the legislation pass."
As someone already mentioned, time is of the essence here as some parts of the bill kick in as soon as Mr. President signs it, which can be as early as next week from what I have read.

Thus, Rivian probably needs to make a decision within a couple of days and gets the ball rolling. I don't really see any downside for Rivian on this other than the extra administrative costs to keep track of and process these "prepaid/partially paid" orders.

I don't know the details on what make a "binding purchase agreement" eligible, but I doubt it requires full payment at the time of commitment. However, as I mentioned before, I would still be willing to do that, but need some time to take care of the funds.

GR

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
This portion of the bill (senate finance committee) Is going before the parliamentarian today.

per Bloomberg (And other articles I have read that I can’t find right now): “The domestic-content provisions are especially vulnerable to being stricken, since they may be ruled as not strictly related to the federal budget.”

Fingers crossed.

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
Fisker is going to allow reservations to be converted as binding contract to get the benefits. Not sure why Rivian isn’t interested? May be they want as many customers with pre price gate pricing not to buy so they can reduce the loss… We supported the brand to establish now they feel we are liability.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.