Status
Not open for further replies.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Please stop twisting my words. I am not deriding anyone over owning a boat. I am only DOUBTING the SINCERITY of someone who claims to care about the environment while ALSO shopping for a luxury ev AND owning a boat. I never made any claims about boat owners in general. The closest thing to that would be:

I don't know how saying that I believe most people would think that owning a boat qualifies as excessive is deriding boat owners. Now, if you assume excess to be something that's bad, then maybe you could claim I was implying something that would be considered as deriding boat owners. However, I never qualified excess as something that is bad(or good). I only questioned the compatibility of a lifestyle with excess and a genuine care for the environment.
Just a little hating....avoid engagement.
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I understand what they are trying to do with the current legislation, including sourcing of raw battery materials, but there are two major flaws that will have a devastating impact on NEW manufacturers:
  • Not allowing them cap free consumer credit of $7,500 for their first 200,000 sales under the original legislation
  • Not extending the transition period to allow adequate time to see fruit from existing investments to bring more refining of raw battery materials to North America. Canada, in particular, has enormous capacity that we are only just now getting started with and that will take years to see results from.
RIVIAN needs to immediately provide all reservation holders the option to enter a binding purchase agreement that can be broken out of with some nominal penalty to protect existing reservation holders from potentially being priced out of the R1T.

RIVIAN has COMPLETE control of this process and does not need congress to change anything. Of course, it benefits them to seek changes to the legislation, including softening the income and price caps, so if I were them, I would be furiously lobbying Durbin/Duckworth to push for these changes.

If those changes don't happen, purchase agreements MUST be forthcoming for them to avoid another mass cancellation of reservations.

This legislation is designed to penalize new EV manufacturers and has GM, FORD, and Teslas fingerprints ALL over it.
You would think Rivian is waiting to see how this plays out to react....much like the price hike debacle.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I was going to leave this, but since it keeps coming up, and I was the one with the boat I'll clarify a couple of things. So to be clear I'm working on my sailing lessons and will be transitioning to a sailboat for the same environmental reasons I'm trying to replace my very old loud and leaky diesel truck. I don't have the money to do it all at once :). I'm not going to be perfect but I'm going to be better than I was. We started with solar, moved to our first small EV, sold our Audi Q5 and got a tesla M3. Now looking to replace the truck, and eventually I'll probably go sail, or if there are EV powerboats that are viable and have a good range (Pretty important since I haven't seen any DC Fast charging buoys yet) I may consider that too. I'm sure we'll get there. One of my favorite quotes from a retired Army general was "leave it better than it was".

We'll I'm not, not going to go boating. We just love the water too much and it affords us time away from crowds, like in the LA area land. I promise to keep things running smooth, maintain seals and use environmentally friendly cleaning products in the meantime. Truck is our next step, since we use that far more than we use the boat.
I hope you can get a Yacht SooN. Just ignore this nonsense and enjoy your boat man.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

And don't be surprised IF what eventually passes looks drastically different than what is discussed initially in the bill.... just noise.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.