Sponsored

Tank Turn-Anyone heard more about this?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
take me out of k turn, tank turn, and any other turning shenanigans, drop the price a grand or 2... i'll buy them later if i want or need them. give me an awesome stereo instead
That's not how that works.
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
That's more how Tesla operates. Really hope Rivian doesn't follow that path
They’re pointedly not doing that sort of thing.

bigdogrod

First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda ridgeline, pre order for cybertruck and r1t
my point being is that think about how may more people this makes the truck become accessible to. drop the hardcore off road stuff into 1 package for the adventure junkies, keep all the bleeding edge tech stuff for the tech junkies, and make a decent range, good handling, decent priced, street orientated truck for the 80-90% of owners who are going to use it this way. look at the metrics for all pickup truck and suv ownership and see how many actually use their vehicle for what it was intended for in any decent quantity. not all of us can afford 70+ thousand. take all the extras out and get it down to 55k, and you will beat everyone. keep it at 70 and your sales will be limited. especially when the big 3 get cranking.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
my point being is that think about how may more people this makes the truck become accessible to. drop the hardcore off road stuff into 1 package for the adventure junkies, keep all the bleeding edge tech stuff for the tech junkies, and make a decent range, good handling, decent priced, street orientated truck for the 80-90% of owners who are going to use it this way. look at the metrics for all pickup truck and suv ownership and see how many actually use their vehicle for what it was intended for in any decent quantity. not all of us can afford 70+ thousand. take all the extras out and get it down to 55k, and you will beat everyone. keep it at 70 and your sales will be limited. especially when the big 3 get cranking.
I will use both adventure & tech, and I believe reducing some cost for the majority is why they made the off road package optional. However, they also need to differentiate from the big 3, and I think it would be a bad idea to try to be price competitive for the R1s. Although, I think they are a tremendous value for the performance and features included.

With that said, we also already know that these are the halo vehicles & that less expensive models are on the way.

Sponsored

bigdogrod

First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda ridgeline, pre order for cybertruck and r1t
i don't disagree... but would you rather sell 100 $10 subs, or 200 $8 dollar subs, especially if you can get the 8 dollar sub buyers to buy the lettuce code later

might be a poor analogy.. i'm hungry.. lol

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
i don't disagree... but would you rather sell 100 $10 subs, or 200 $8 dollar subs, especially if you can get the 8 dollar sub buyers to buy the lettuce code later

might be a poor analogy.. i'm hungry.. lol
In the case of something live the rivian and tank turn… it’s a bonus made possible by the existing hardware.

Just like how the motorized air suspension will level the truck out when parked.

Software is more flexible than hardware. It’s why there are only screens in the R1, not a bunch of buttons and dials.
Sponsored