Tampa Service Center - July '22 update

TomP

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, GC 4xe, Taycan Turbo, 911 4 GTS
A new "Pre-application Consultation" was recently uploaded to the City of Tampa Accela with Rivian as the applicant. (Accela is a public access portal used by many Cities/Counties for permit tracking.)

A Pre-Application consultation identifies all issues and concerns from the both applicant and City based on the project scope.
No actual permits have been submitted.

The Scope involves tenant improvements for a 25,000 SF facility located at 701 N Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa including re-paving, new O/H Door, new driveway, new EV Charging and power upgrades. (This is an old Circuit City location).

I am surprised that Rivian appears to be moving forward at this location.
I expected the Service Center to be in an industrial/warehouse area of the City.
This site is “Main Street” in a busy Commercial setting.

Rivian R1T R1S Tampa Service Center - July '22 update Rivian street view

Interesting that there is a footprint of other EV activity next to this location. Tesla just added a new Supercharging location at Wawa and Polestar is opening its first Florida showroom at the new Midtown mixed use project next to REI.

Rivian R1T R1S Tampa Service Center - July '22 update Polestar midtown

This would be a great location for DC charging being only a few blocks from I-275 and a few miles to I-4 and I-75.

Hopefully permits get submitted s00n.
Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Rivian should have had that Polestar location next to REI. They missed out I. The obvious overlap between customers.

CGI_IRL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model y
anyone in Tampa have an R1T yet? Would love to test drive one and I’m more than happy to trade with a test drive of fsd beta on my model y.

Tampa R1T

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

I'm in Tampa, but no delivery date yet. That's the new / being redeveloped Midtown area

https://www.tampabay.com/news/busin...-landed-two-billion-dollar-tenants-heres-how/

from the accela :

GENERAL
Project Type:
Commercial Building Permit
Work Description:
Tenant improvement of existing one store building on a 2.23 acre site and minor site improvements. The site will be used as an EV Fleet Maintenance facility.
Questions:
-Re-paving vs. Re-grading and triggered requirements for each -Any re-striping of stalls -(1) New Overhead Door -New Driveway -New EV charging and associated site work -Power Upgrade and possible associated site work (Ie. transformer and/or utility poles) -Any Porous Pavement triggers? -Demolition of the existing Pylon Sign (not currently proposed, just want to understand implications) -Considerations for adjacency to Residential Property

---------

A service center will be right at home among the many car dealerships on the same road.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TomP

TomP

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
After I posted the Dale Mabry location from Accela I had a Rivian employee tell me they are passing on that site/location. Planning a Hub somewhere....

Sponsored

OP
OP
TomP

TomP

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian submitted plans for the renovation of the building at 701 N Dale Mabry for their Tampa Service Center last week. So they are moving ahead with permitting. Just under 25,000 SF Service Center with Level 2 chargers.

Rivian R1T R1S Tampa Service Center - July '22 update 01 2022.06.30_RIVIAN-TAMPA-IFP_ARCH 15 West Elevation

Rivian R1T R1S Tampa Service Center - July '22 update 01 2022.06.30_RIVIAN-TAMPA-IFP_ARCH 10

Last edited:

Tampa R1T

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

The building still looks deserted.

OP
OP
TomP

TomP

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian has no sense of urgency on proceeding with this Service Center. The City approved the building permit for the modifications back in Sept.

Sponsored

mikehaas763

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Rivian has no sense of urgency on proceeding with this Service Center. The City approved the building permit for the modifications back in Sept.
On Tuesday a rep from the Orlando SC told me Tampa was slated for this year. Then today in the 2023 email from Rivian Tampa was mentioned as one of the new locations coming. Things are looking a little more solid now.

bagsofcole

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
El Cap/OC R1T, FOR SALE: 2017 Tesla Model S 90D
Occupation
Network Engineer
When I picked up my R1T from the Orlando SC on 12/31, Brent the Rivian delivery guy told me July.

Tampa R1T

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs