First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, LE R1S
Occupation
Engineering VP
I'm liking the door pouch idea, thinking I may need to implement that as well.

It's funny how much we take a simple glove box for granted until we don't have it. There's still a litany of storage in the Rivian, but it's almost too much and too open to be effective, if that makes sense.
The glovebox on our Model 3 is sufficiently annoying to open that we never use it, so we are well prepared.:)
Sponsored

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

nothing against you but i find it pretty ridiculous that there are so many storage hacks for that middle footwell area on a $90k vehicle. poor designing by Rivian. they went idealistic thinking a large, open area would be great for adventurers to put backpacks, when 95% of the usage will be to work, the mall and parks on the weekend. where we need to store more day to day things like sunblock, wipes, gum, masks, sunglasses, etc.
Other side of the coin: Almost the first thing my wife commented on was that space and how someone had finally made a place for her to set her purse.

All that little stuff for me fits in the under seat complement - except lip balm which sits in the space where the pen goes.

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

aw113sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1t
I guess I'm in the minority. I love having the large space, simply because I have flexibility. Putting in trays, bags, separators is easy. I don't want to be limited by some organization system.
The footwell space I use for my radio strap, I never had a good spot for it in my tundra.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
I've been through enough smash 'n grabs to be a firm believer that from the outside my car should look as empty as the day it was delivered.
Been there; done that; have multiple t-shirts.

The last one was a PIA for sure, but there was a funny moment.

I had taken my girlfriend (now wife) to several places in Oregon to show off the natural beauty. She was new to the state and loved how green things were here. We went out to the Columbia River Gorge (east of Portland, OR) and made two stops. The first was Multnomah Falls, the second was the nearby Vista House, a stone observatory set on the edge of one of the highest points in the Columbia River Gorge, Crown Point. The thieves struck at the second location and hit my SUV, plus the BMW 700 series parked next to us.

We had left the car for only ten minutes to briefly visit the small gift shop in the observatory. When we returned to the car, the right rear window was smashed and my now-wife's purse was gone. My wife's purse was shoved under the right front seat and was not visible from the outside. They had used a wedge thingy to quickly break the window and now I also had damage to the door and window frame of the vehicle. We were told later by the police that a gang had posted lookouts with binoculars at Multnomah Falls (binoculars were common there), and they would target vehicles and follow them to other tourist areas. They must have seen her place the purse under the seat.

The funny part? The BMW belonged to an engineer that worked for Intel. In his role he was always receiving swag items marked with various product names. He had left a large black bag in the back seat labeled "Lenovo ThinkPad". I had noticed it when we parked next to them, and was thinking that wasn't a good idea. The thieves stole his "ThinkPad" at the same time they stole my wife's purse.

The "ThinkPad" case was full of dirty diapers!

Sponsored

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
I just keep small things in the underseat cubby. glasses, chapstick, etc. Easy to reach while driving. Def would consider something for center console but would have to be very well laid out for me.

JEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, 2016 Volvo S60
Occupation
Technical Support
I posted this in another thread, but I found this small tool/parts bag on Amazon and it works great in the center storage area.
Rivian R1T R1S Taming the chaos that is the center console IMG_4455 (1)
Rivian R1T R1S Taming the chaos that is the center console IMG_4456

BooneRiv

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, Tesla MS
Rivian R1T R1S Taming the chaos that is the center console 1654452961547

Rivian R1T R1S Taming the chaos that is the center console 1654452982558

Rivian R1T R1S Taming the chaos that is the center console 1654452997958

Rivian R1T R1S Taming the chaos that is the center console 1654453027551

I’ve posted this on another thread. Definitely not the cheapest option, but these bag do help organize, fit nicely, and leave room for a bag of baby wipes.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
1654452961547.jpeg

1654452982558.jpeg

1654452997958.jpeg

1654453027551.jpeg

I’ve posted this on another thread. Definitely not the cheapest option, but these bag do help organize, fit nicely, and leave room for a bag of baby wipes.
I'm a big fan of this kind of solution, as they also look to be waterproof, or at least water resistant.

I could not locate the other thread. Would you mind sharing the size or part #'s?

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
The Patagonia pouches are definitely an option. For a similar concept, people might want to check out Tom Bihn (tombihn.com). They’ve got a ton of different amazing travel and EDC bags, but also a bunch of organizers, pouches, etc. a simple grab bag would be similar to the Patagonia ones, but there are also some options with more organization. The HLT (Handy Little Thing), for example.

Sponsored

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
You are ready for the Zombie apocalypse
I try to stop short of bug-out/prepper, but I've been in a few major storms, including a severe rollover accident in the middle of nowhere in a blizzard in Idaho, and I love adventuring offroad. There are a few things I always want to have on me 🙂

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I try to stop short of bug-out/prepper, but I've been in a few major storms, including a severe rollover accident in the middle of nowhere in a blizzard in Idaho, and I love adventuring offroad. There are a few things I always want to have on me 🙂
Smart

BooneRiv

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, Tesla MS

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
These are 2 Patagonia Black Hole Cube bags in small (3L). I bought 2 colors and organized one with personal items and one with vehicle items. Here’s a link to the bags:

https://www.patagonia.com/product/b..._49361_color=BLK&cgid=luggage-black-hole-bags
Thank you so much!

Huge fan of Patagonia due the fly fishing clothing and other gear they make. I was already thinking about picking up a few waterproof duffels for the bed area, as the tonneau will leak (never thought it wouldn't). The frunk will hold the bulk of our fly fishing gear, and perhaps a cooler. The back seat is for our Golden Retriever (just ask her). The Camp Kitchen (whenever it is available) will take up the gear tunnel. The Black Hole bags in the organizer will complete the setup.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Thank you so much!

Huge fan of Patagonia due the fly fishing clothing and other gear they make. I was already thinking about picking up a few waterproof duffels for the bed area, as the tonneau will leak (never thought it wouldn't). The frunk will hold the bulk of our fly fishing gear, and perhaps a cooler. The back seat is for our Golden Retriever (just ask her). The Camp Kitchen (whenever it is available) will take up the gear tunnel. The Black Hole bags in the organizer will complete the setup.
I can speak very highly of these, if you're looking for a semi-permanent bed citizen that is waterproof: https://rux.life. I grabbed a couple on Kickstarter and have been very happy with them. Not cheap, but they're an awesome hybrid box/bag that provides some structure, great versatility (I use it as a changing pad for skiing), and they fit nicely under the tonneau. Bonus, they collapse flat for storage.
Sponsored