Taking Rivian to a tire shop for alignment and tire rotation

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
I was told by Rivian there is no Rivian approved option in Charlotte, was similarly disappointed.

The shop in Hickory is approved for body work and told me they could alignments. I ended up taking my R1T back to Atlanta for alignment, as I needed to get the A/C worked on also. The Hickory location told me they would need to schedule a Rivan tech in to help with the alignment.

I'm actually trying to get them to quote on doing some body work, my truck was literally keyed in parking lot at the outlet mall in Commerce, Georgia, that I stopped at on my way back from the Atlanta Rivian Service center. The body shop hasn't provided a price yet, say they need more info from Rivian, so I'm starting to get a little concerned....
Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I just made an appointment for rotation at local Discount Tire - not their first Rivian truck - he quoted me $60 for the rotation. Coincidence?
wait what? they rotate tires for free tho...

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
wait what? they rotate tires for free tho...
Apparently theres a new agreement between Discount Tire / American Tire and Rivian for rotating R1S/R1T tires at a flat $60. But yea, typically was free before for other vehicles as far as I am aware.

Throwdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t launch edition#2650
Occupation
Technician
Rivian has had four attempts and can’t align my vehicle. At this point, I’d give anyone a try who isn’t Rivian, because they’re incompetent with their own product, IMO.
Where do you live? If you're in the Denver area I'll do it for you

Kacey3

First Name
Kacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition; MotoGuzzi V7II
Occupation
IT Support Manager
Clubs

This past Friday, I took my R1T to both NTB and Bridgestone and neither shop was willing to even attempt to rotate my tires. I had a set of four jack-pucks with me so that they could lift it correctly, but they both refused and recommended the other shop.

Fortunately, I already have an appointment with the Dallas SC for next Friday, but I sure would have preferred to pay $20 rather than $60 just to get my tires rotated.

Sponsored

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

That is ridiculous! With magnetic jack pucks, it's not really any different than rotating tires on a Tesla.....NTB is huge.....odd.

Kacey3

First Name
Kacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition; MotoGuzzi V7II
Occupation
IT Support Manager
Clubs

That is ridiculous! With magnetic jack pucks, it's not really any different than rotating tires on a Tesla.....NTB is huge.....odd.
Bridgestone very nearly attempted it. They were okay with using my jack pucks, even came out and looked at the underside to the truck to see where the lift points were, but then I mentioned the weight of the truck and they just kind of froze.

NTB didn't even come out of the shop. They saw the truck through the window and basically "noped out" of any conversation.

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
Discount Tire did my rotation. They ended up using my pucks even though they had their own. Their biggest challenge was getting their floor jack to lift high enough... had to use some blocks. Once they entered my VIN, their computer system printed step-by-step instructions from Rivian for usage by their techs... was glad to see that.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

No Discount Tire locations in the SE PA area…closest looks to be Pittsburgh-ish. We need Mavis or Pep Boys in these here parts.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

No Discount Tire locations in the SE PA area…closest looks to be Pittsburgh-ish. We need Mavis or Pep Boys in these here parts.
We have a Mavis in Morgantown.

Sponsored

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

We have Mavis all over the place but no Discount Tire, that’s the problem. :(

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

We have Mavis all over the place but no Discount Tire, that’s the problem. :(
I thought you meant we needed a Mavis location, I just reread the thread and didn't see any mentions of Mavis, now I see you mean we need a qualified Mavis or Pep Boys.

BTW I couldn't help but notice you also post over at WUS.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Correct on both counts! :)

golden_frog

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Rivian St. Louis shop just sent me an email quoting $500 for alignment and rotation. Is this for real? What have others paid?

Mobfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E-Tron R1T
I live in the DC area. The Service Center is about 25 miles away. Rivian could not give me an appointment sooner than one month out. All I needed was an alignment (truck arrived misaligned) and an occasional screeching sound under hard turn at low speed. The day before the appt. I got a notice that Rivian had rented me a car. I called and asked why and they said in case the repair takes longer than expected. I asked how long the rental was for and was told 10 days! I did not take it in.

I need to know if a good alignment place can do the alignment on the truck or not. At the moment I am not interested in leaving the vehicle for days to have an alignment. If anyone can summarize the alignment approach again I would appreciate it. I can't tell if it is unique or just new and a bit different from other vehicles. Thanks.
Sponsored