Sponsored

Taking Rivian to a tire shop for alignment and tire rotation

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I bought a replacement 22” tire from Tire Rack and now keep an extra tire in my spare well. This way, I at least have a replacement tire on hand and won’t have to wait days for one to get shipped if I shred one of my tires.
Smart!
Sponsored

OP
OP
DannyC

DannyC

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 RAM 1500, 2022 R1T (soon)
Occupation
Computer Consultant
I do have a full size spare on my R1T, scares me though for anyone that is on a trip and needs a tire replaced and does not have a spare. I am sure that at first no one wanted to touch the Tesla's either. So in time getting service will "hopefully" not be a major pain.

kewlasu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LA Silver Adventure Large Pack 21"
Clubs

Sponsored

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
Just had alignment done at the Atlanta sc. was free, but I asked them to rotate the tires which was $60. (I had a flat, put on the spare a month or so ago. No fun at all lifting a 7000 lb r1t with the screw jack myself.) I was getting "alignment needed errors when I tried to put the car into driver plus mode.

I live near Charlotte, rivian tells me there is a repair shop in hickory, nc that can align, may need a rivian tech there. K&m collision, for anyone in the area. I don't remember the exact words, but rivian said the need to be sure it was aligned at different ride heights was another complication for 3rd parties. I took it to the SC because the A/C was failing, and I continued to get DC fast charging performance reduced errors when I got into the truck (DC charging seemed to work ok though).

Last edited:

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
My alignment has been out since delivery day. I’ve got 2 more months until my SC appointment , so I just looked up Hunter alignment systems and found a local shop with great reviews and a Hunter Hawk Eye…Great job for $100. Drives better than Day 1. Not sure how this is an issue for Rivian.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Alignments every 12,000 miles seems out of line ;).

Alignments: At this point, I'm not letting anyone but Rivian align my truck until I can appreciate the service software tool required and that the latest Hunter and other equipment that has that incorporated (I know it does).

Rotating and flat repair: This is simple. Get a set of magnetic jack pucks (ours) and any tire shop in America can rotate and fix a flat, no brainer. Just practice the routine in the software to do so.

Procedure for rotation or to fix a flat.

1. Set vehicle in Off Road Highest Setting 15"
2. Press "gear" on lower portion of screen
Rivian R1T R1S Taking Rivian to a tire shop for alignment and tire rotation 20230225_213628

3. Press "vehicle" in upper left of screen
Rivian R1T R1S Taking Rivian to a tire shop for alignment and tire rotation 20230225_213636

4. Press "service"
Rivian R1T R1S Taking Rivian to a tire shop for alignment and tire rotation 20230225_213645

5. Press "tire change"
Rivian R1T R1S Taking Rivian to a tire shop for alignment and tire rotation 20230225_213656

6. Re-confirm ride height is at 15" Off Road Highest
7. In start tire change window, press Turn on Anyway
Rivian R1T R1S Taking Rivian to a tire shop for alignment and tire rotation 20230225_213708

8. Insert your magnetic jack pucks Purchase Magnetic Jack Pucks Here
Rivian R1T R1S Taking Rivian to a tire shop for alignment and tire rotation 20230223_172201

Rivian R1T R1S Taking Rivian to a tire shop for alignment and tire rotation 20230204_171656

9. Remove wheel(s) and service as required

Remove wheels as required. To do 1-8 above is about 1-2 minutes depending upon how long it takes the ride height to reach 15". This is all available in the online manual on your infotainment screen.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Remove wheels as required. To do 1-8 above is about 1-2 minutes depending upon how long it takes the ride height to reach 15". This is all available in the online manual on your infotainment screen.
If you're sticking it on a hydraulic lift, do you still need off-road highest?

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

If you're sticking it on a hydraulic lift, do you still need off-road highest?
No, you don't.

Changing a tire on the road side, yes, because it actually is easier to get the vehicle off the ground as most of the suspension droop has already occured with the added height.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Alignments: At this point, I'm not letting anyone but Rivian align my truck until I can appreciate the service software tool required and that the latest Hunter and other equipment that has that incorporated (I know it does).
Rivian has had four attempts and can’t align my vehicle. At this point, I’d give anyone a try who isn’t Rivian, because they’re incompetent with their own product, IMO.

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
I think $140 for non-warranty.
My service ticket estimate was $300 for an alignment at the Atlanta SC. They ended up waiving it because it’s an ongoing issue, but that estimate/quote was pretty shocking.

05soxfan

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Self
Rivian has had four attempts and can’t align my vehicle. At this point, I’d give anyone a try who isn’t Rivian, because they’re incompetent with their own product, IMO.
Sorry to say Rivian had 3 attempts to properly allign my R1S. After being told by head tech at SC that "all Rivians want to track to the right" and that there was nothing more they could do, I had no choice but to trade it in. That vehicle was a chore to drive and Rivian could not make it right.

johnnylawson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Solutions Architect / Developer
Clubs

Just for reference I paid 250 for an alignment (from hitting a curb) and they threw in rotation for "free" at Cleveland SC. Tire discounters wanted over 500 to do the safety thing you have to do after an alignment. They could do it, just not as cheap as SC

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Software
This is what concerns me in the current state.

When you take it into a SC, do you sit and wait the 60-90 minutes for them to get it done or is it a whole other ordeal not like ICE service?
Sponsored