Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

I am getting my R1T tomorrow afternoon. I’m super excited and hope the experience is positive. Has there been anything that current owners recommend that I make sure the delivery person goes over? I am new to EVs and expect it to be pretty straightforward.

added:

should I be concerned that I am getting a low VIN? I am not sure why there is a 17## just now being delivered.
Sponsored

Drterreur

First Name
Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model3 Dual motor
Occupation
Healthcare
VINs are not necessarely in line with production dates.

omamatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure; 2020 BMW X5
VINs are not necessarely in line with production dates.
I heard and read from multiple people (including my guide) that VINs were sequential based on production order?

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
I heard and read from multiple people (including my guide) that VINs were sequential based on production order?
VINs are generally assigned to a specific build sequentially, but they aren't guaranteed to be built sequentially. They likely assign a bunch of VINs, then batch build them in a slightly different order to be as efficient as possible.

(That being said, Rivian isn't really building-to-order quite yet, so they might be assigning them exactly in the order they are being built.)

KiloV

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5 Cabriolet, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Executive
You're on this forum, so you probably know a lot about the features of the vehicle; but you should spend some time with the guide in understanding and setting up some things that haven't been covered in reviews and whatnot: setting up your phone as a key; setting up your garage door openers (if you have a garage, and the vehicle is installed with 2022.15); setting your driver assistance preferences (like lane keeping assistance); setting up your light and wiper preferences (pretty easy, but things like auto-highbeam are not intuitive); setting you navigation system preferences; understanding what the steering wheel buttons do under various circumstances (e.g., using the left-most steering wheel button to change the mini-display on the left side of the driver binnacle display); setting up Alexa (if you're into that); pairing the camp speaker to your phone, etc, etc.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ladiver

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Thanks @KiloV I never even thought about lights and wipers! I’m really going to have to get used to everything being software driven!

Being in IT, this scares me! When everything works, life is good. After OTA, hold your breath as you go through and test everything again.

I have asked that my truck has the 2022.15 update. I will also ask how to disable OTA. I only want to update if I’m having issues or there is a killer feature. I also want to be able to control when the updates happen. If my truck is running reliably and I am getting ready for a road trip, I DO NOT want any updates at that time.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Thanks @KiloV I never even thought about lights and wipers! I’m really going to have to get used to everything being software driven!

Being in IT, this scares me! When everything works, life is good. After OTA, hold your breath as you go through and test everything again.

I have asked that my truck has the 2022.15 update. I will also ask how to disable OTA. I only want to update if I’m having issues or there is a killer feature. I also want to be able to control when the updates happen. If my truck is running reliably and I am getting ready for a road trip, I DO NOT want any updates at that time.
You can't disable OTAs at this point, the best you can do is just not hit the install button. I don't know if it'll eventually force you to or not.

OP
OP
Ladiver

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

You can't disable OTAs at this point, the best you can do is just not hit the install button. I don't know if it'll eventually force you to or not.
That’s a fair compromise. I thought OTAs were being pushed out automatically. If there is some type of acknowledgment before installing, then at least I am aware of the upcoming changes.

Mike Hunt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I am getting my R1T tomorrow afternoon. I’m super excited and hope the experience is positive. Has there been anything that current owners recommend that I make sure the delivery person goes over? I am new to EVs and expect it to be pretty straightforward.

added:

should I be concerned that I am getting a low VIN? I am not sure why there is a 17## just now being delivered.
I just got assigned vin 177x , Nov 2018 preorder…

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Just make sure EVERY BUTTON(SETTING) works.
Sponsored