Sponsored

Take a Tour of the Rivian Plant Email

Lobstahz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Tesla Model 3, Audi A4
Yea I saw an email from Rivian, got excited it would finally be my updated R1S delivery estimate, which will almost certainly be a delay. But nope just this fluff. Sigh

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Just an email about a video they posted to youtube 10 days before and most here have already seen.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Does that mean I'm getting my truck soon?
Video was posted on YouTube on June 6th and we got the email today. That should be a good indication of when I get my R1S.

That red R1S at the end worth the rewatch though.

Last edited:

Sponsored

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
Did anyone else read the email subject and think that they were getting invited to actually visit the factory?

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
The ratio of R1T to R1S looked to be about 50:1.
‘No chance more than 5000 R1S models are delivered before end of year. Looks like I’ll be driving a Fisker Ocean launch edition.

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
‘No chance more than 5000 R1S models are delivered before end of year.
They have produced over 5,000 R1Ts since the beginning of the year, based on vin numbers, so I wouldn't count on that.

dfx

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 LandCruiser, 2015 Model S 70D
They have produced over 5,000 R1Ts since the beginning of the year, based on vin numbers, so I wouldn't count on that.
It is the first time during this whole process that I actually feel confident about what's going on down in Normal. I fully expect now to take delivery of the R1S during the Oct-Dec period that they just gave me. Things are coming into shape- really looking forward to owning the vehicle. There is no other 7 passenger vehicle on the planet that can compare to the R1S

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Did anyone else read the email subject and think that they were getting invited to actually visit the factory?
Yeah, for a brief mement I thought that they might be announcing a factory tour program. Then I woke up.

Sponsored

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

LOL - I saw this in my email and then thought I would come here to post it and ....of course someone already did.

I have to give Rivian Forums peeps major props for hussle!

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I saw an email from Rivian and immediately got my hopes up, only to see them smashed upon the rocks of despair after a fall from the cliffs of oblivion. There my hope lies in ruin, devoured by the fear and loathing that the wait has brought upon us all.

🤪

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
They aren't doing anything wrong by getting this video out to those with orders since not everyone is into the social media thing.

And with that said, this email really pissed me off, because I am still waiting for an R1S update and thought this would be it....just for it to be a f'en video that I already knew about 🤬

Now back to this waiting for that email - :ontheloo:

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Agreed, emails like this piss me off.

Elon is an egotistical jerk and I’ve wanted to avoid Tesla as a result.

Sadly, it seems RJ is increasingly disconnected from the customer experience at Rivian and I am finding it harder and harder to care if Rivian succeeds as a result.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Does anyone think it's funny that they chose to highlight very obvious orange peel in the factory video?

Rivian R1T R1S Take a Tour of the Rivian Plant Email Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 10.00.29 PM

And it looks like they love them their blue tape. When it isn't used to pin up documents, it apparently is used on the interior parts of the frame (see Sandy and Associates wiring video)

Rivian R1T R1S Take a Tour of the Rivian Plant Email Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 9.58.11 PM
Sponsored