LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Thought I'd rattle the cage by raising this topic. Who's contemplating a quick-flip on their Launch-edition Rivian R1T or R1S down the road for a cool twenty grand or more? Surely this crossed some people's mind particularly now in the global situation of automotive shortages. A good comparison is the present frenzy happening in eBayland with L.E. Ford Broncos selling for sky-high profits approaching 50% over MSRP. I realize that Rivian and the new Bronco are apples & oranges to some degree. But the burgeoning demand for Rivians rising to a frantic level seems inevitable once word spreads about the luxo-EVs blowing the minds of industry observers and early adopters. Very likely a screenshot akin to this one showing a L.E. R1T on eBay bidding in the >$100k range will become a reality later on this year.

Rivian R1T R1S Taboo topic: Flipping your Launch-edition Rivian Bronco flipper.PNG
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
It is a free market, not for me though.

I want the vehicle, getting an LE and flipping it probably means a year or more to get another one.

If it takes much longer for me to get the R1S, it will probably be free anyway. The market is good now, the money I have earmarked for the vehicle is up almost 70% in the last couple of years. It is still on a good upward trend so who knows where it will be when I pull it out.... That is probably the only thing right now I am watching closer than news of the Rivian release dates and contact from my guide.

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
I don't want to, but I'm considering it given the cost of this thing. The economy, or at least the one I am in isn't super steady right now and the cost of this has me a bit scared.

bmac

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Navigator, 2014 Audi S4, 2018 GT350 Mustang
I am contemplating flipping my LE, but I'm not seeking a quick profit and it wouldn't be right away. I have 2 reservations placed about 6 months apart from each other. I have earmarked the first reservation as a LE and the second reservation with the 400 mile Max pack. If I find that the 300 mile LE isn't sufficient then I'll sell it when the Max pack one becomes available which will probably be a year later. Ideally I keep the LE version, save the depreciation hit, save the added $10K for the bigger battery, and perhaps make some money flipping the Max Pack. Another option is to convert the second reservation to an R1S for the wife.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

ya I don't think it would be worth it after paying all the taxes on the vehicle then having to wait who knows how long before another one comes.