Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Picked up my new toy today!

Got the the service center 30 minutes early. Lots of trucks on the lot and a few in the service area. The owners lounge was closed but had a sign to check in a service area. Caught a field tech’s extension and he already knew who I was. Brought my truck from in back (above pics were from the front but there were even more in back.

Process is was super easy. Signed one piece of paper. Checked out the truck. Then we climbed in, he sent me a text to transfer the truck to me. I clicked on text and it opened up the app and went through a process to accept the transfer in the app. Paired the phone with the car and with Bluetooth. Then invited my wife and set her up too.

Then spent the rest of the hour asking questions and getting answers. Really good experience. As frustrating as all the waiting and uncertainty was, the final pick up was fun and easy.

A few things I noticed that I haven’t seen mentioned before (mix of positive and negative in stream of consciousness order):

1) if you are in South Bay drive it on highway 9 in light/no traffic. Super fun even in all purpose mode.
2) The lane assist only covers a fraction of 101 South from SSF to San Antonio Road.
3) On curvy narrow roads the lane markers on the screen can go completely crazy, showing the car so far out of the lane it would be in the creek or inside the mountain.
4) Amazon Music with Alexa works really well, except when you lose connectivity. It would be nice if it could buffer 10 minutes or more ahead when it has high speed and use that when it loses connectivity. When using screen to navigate, if you click next track it lags a bit to get to next track. If you hit it multiple times, it not only lags, but it processes the first click and then plays a few seconds and then goes back to the beginning of the current song.
5) As many have mentioned field kit, spare tire and wrist band were back ordered.
6) Even after 30+ miles of driving and getting the SOC below 90%, when releasing gas on steep downhill I got a message that regen was reduced because of high SOC.

Rivian R1T R1S T-0: Received my new truck. First impressions. 830F2A88-1699-4666-9085-387DF7C2CEB6
Rivian R1T R1S T-0: Received my new truck. First impressions. F2CEB528-8F6E-40F8-B07E-C3C4BD8B2D2A
Rivian R1T R1S T-0: Received my new truck. First impressions. A35A6E91-6541-491A-B59B-94BB5D1BD0CA
Rivian R1T R1S T-0: Received my new truck. First impressions. C2DBD650-6C48-4DA1-AD63-378206BAB87A
Rivian R1T R1S T-0: Received my new truck. First impressions. AB715E06-ECD4-4B45-8855-2AD59D5EAD22
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
Congratulations! Very nice.

When did you make your reservation? I’m also bay area, maybe 30 minutes from the service center in SSFO.

Denver_Paulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Porsche Taycan CT4s, '23 Rivian R1T
Congrats on the new truck. It looks great.

We do, however, need to talk about your choice of shirts for the big day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I kid. I kid!!!
Sponsored