System Fault Detected Vehicle Battery Issue

Olsonsolar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt - R1T on preorder
Occupation
enjoying life
Wow am I ever starting to rethink getting one of these trucks.
Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Sorry i wasn't more clear.. I wasn't specifically referring to the batt pack warranty.
I plan on getting rid of the truck well before the 5-year or 60,000-mile (whichever occurs first) comprehensive warranty ( AKA bumper to bumper warranty).
I believe the contactors should be covered by battery or drivetrain. So if this topic is the concern, coverage is long. If concern is power window motors, suspension components, etc... then yes...those are covered 5/60 bumper to bumper, which is alot longer than the F150 Lightening or GMC Hummer, by alot. Not sure if anyone goes longer than 5/60 for bumper to bumper, but I could be wrong.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
^ agreed.. the 5yr/60K mi Bumper to Bumper coverage is first rate.
But, with complicated components like air-suspension, fluid dampening, compressors, weak roofs, who knows what tonneau cover, 12V battery issues, continuous alignment issues, etc... that stuff will be major $$$$$ to repair out of the B-to-B warranty.
I think there will be a really large price difference between a pre-owned Rivian with decent warranty remaining and one outside the 5yr/60Kmi B-to-B warranty.

kozak79

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Visual Effects
Clubs

Just had a similar issue, 3 warning messages. Support had me hard reset the truck by holding the leftmost steering wheel button and hazard button for 15 seconds. After reboot, the error messages are gone. Support is keeping the ticket open in case the errors come back.

OP
OP
shrink

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Just had a similar issue, 3 warning messages. Support had me hard reset the truck by holding the leftmost steering wheel button and hazard button for 15 seconds. After reboot, the error messages are gone. Support is keeping the ticket open in case the errors come back.
Good luck. I remember mine clearing briefly after a reset, but once I put it in drive, it came back. Definitely keep that ticket open.

Sponsored

kozak79

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Visual Effects
Clubs

Good luck. I remember mine clearing briefly after a reset, but once I put it in drive, it came back. Definitely keep that ticket open.
My JuiceBox charger melted overnight and there was a charging error on the truck in the morning. I wonder if the errors are related to that. I drove a bit after resetting and no errors yet, knock on wood.

twizzstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2018 Model 3, 2017 Model X
I had these same two warnings pop up on my truck a couple of days ago. This is the only post I can find on the internet from someone with the same warnings. I did a hard reset and the faults haven't returned, but I have only driven the truck a few miles since then. I'm a bit apprehensive to drive it until I know what caused it...

Service appointment scheduled for late next week... fingers-crossed it's something quick, I had aspirations for some big drives to remote areas towards the end of the month :(

twizzstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had these same two warnings pop up on my truck a couple of days ago. This is the only post I can find on the internet from someone with the same warnings. I did a hard reset and the faults haven't returned, but I have only driven the truck a few miles since then. I'm a bit apprehensive to drive it until I know what caused it...

Service appointment scheduled for late next week... fingers-crossed it's something quick, I had aspirations for some big drives to remote areas towards the end of the month :(
Update: got a call from the service center. They said the faults are related to internal contactors, probably the same one/s as the OP I’m guessing. New battery pack is on order, they hope to have it mid next week…

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
Wow...that's quick for a new battery pack.

OP
OP
shrink

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Update: got a call from the service center. They said the faults are related to internal contactors, probably the same one/s as the OP I’m guessing. New battery pack is on order, they hope to have it mid next week…
Sorry to hear, but glad my post helped provide some info. If it’s any consolation, my truck has been rock solid ever since.

Sponsored

twizzstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
One more update: After further investigation, they tell me it appears the contactor faults were a software issue and the pack is fine? I should be picking up my truck today.

I'm excited, but also a little weary...

honey_badger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
One more update: After further investigation, they tell me it appears the contactor faults were a software issue and the pack is fine? I should be picking up my truck today.

I'm excited, but also a little weary...
Curious if that fixed the issue.. These errors popped up on my R1S little over a week into the ownership.
Sponsored