Sponsored

Switching from Max Pack to Large Pack, how does it change delivery window?

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

I recently changed my configuration from Max Pack to Large with the hope that I could advance my delivery to this year. I'm a September 2021 R1T preorder with a 2H 2023 delivery window. I know some folks with similar preorder dates who ordered Large Pack R1Ts are starting to see their trucks but I don't know if switching kicks me back to the end of the line or not (I understand if it does, some of you have been waiting a lot longer than me and should get their orders first.) I'm curious if anyone in a similar situation has made the switch, how long it took to get a new window, and what your new delivery estimate was.

It doesn't sound like there has been a widespread update to delivery windows since early June but I know some individuals who have made the switch were contacted by Rivian about an earlier delivery. Is it unrealistic for a California 09/21 R1T preorder 10 miles from a service center to expect delivery this year if I'm willing to take the Large Pack, 21s, and no underbody shield?
Sponsored

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I recently changed my configuration from Max Pack to Large with the hope that I could advance my delivery to this year. I'm a September 2021 R1T preorder with a 2H 2023 delivery window. I know some folks with similar preorder dates who ordered Large Pack R1Ts are starting to see their trucks but I don't know if switching kicks me back to the end of the line or not (I understand if it does, some of you have been waiting a lot longer than me and should get their orders first.) I'm curious if anyone in a similar situation has made the switch, how long it took to get a new window, and what your new delivery estimate was.

It doesn't sound like there has been a widespread update to delivery windows since early June but I know some individuals who have made the switch were contacted by Rivian about an earlier delivery. Is it unrealistic for a California 09/21 R1T preorder 10 miles from a service center to expect delivery this year if I'm willing to take the Large Pack, 21s, and no underbody shield?
As long as not wanting the white (ocean coast) interior, it would not surprise me to hear you getting a vehicle before the years end. There are relatively large numbers of vehicles with your desired build in the R1T shop.

OP
OP
sacramentoelectric

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

As long as not wanting the white (ocean coast) interior, it would not surprise me to hear you getting a vehicle before the years end. There are relatively large numbers of vehicles with your desired build in the R1T shop.
I'd take FE or BM.

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6

I asked CS this exact question in early July as I'm in the same situation with a bit earlier dates. They gave me typical Rivian-speak which was a non-answer. Bottom line: they don't know and I think the Rivian Lottery has too many variables to accurately predict for your situation.

FWIW, I did change my configuration to Large Pack about 3 weeks ago... and did receive an invitation to First Mile Test Drive three days ago. Coincidence? Any impact on delivery date? Who knows???

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
If we had not already heard of it happening I would say it be unlikely. Although the magic configuration that gets you to the front of the line is somewhat of a mystery. Right now it seems they can’t do black 20“ wheels, and OC interiors. And forget it if you have a max pack or manual tonneau in your order.

Sponsored

LTD in CBTS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3, Vespa 300, R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I am a 1/4/20 Max Pack RB-BM-21" preorder. I wrote to CS a month ago saying that I am willing to switch to Large Pack for a s00ner delivery but I did not change anything in my configurator. A week later I was assigned a guide and given access to the shop. Guide said that I can pick something from the shop or wait to be selected for original order fulfillment with the caveat that dates for Max Pack fulfillment have not been determined but that we will hear soon by email. For the past 2 weeks there have been between 8-13 R1T vehicles available in what I believe is the West Coast shop. All with Forest Edge interior. Red, Yellow, El Cap, Forest Green, Midnight, Limestone, Rivian Blue. I am tempted but kind of waiting for the Max Pack email. Going to the San Diego service center today to see if they have any forest edge on the lot that I can look at to see if it is something I could live with. I suspect that they have worked their way through the 2018/2019 preorder holders and are now starting on the 2020s with the shop invitations. Good luck to all!!!

adibrooks

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, TESLA MODEL 3
Occupation
Civil engineer
I preordered back in march 14 2019 a R1T blue, ocean coast, 20 inch and my delivery window is 2023 first half. I have been waiting for 3 years 4 months for this truck…. My suv is on the last leg … I’m getting tired of waiting. I hate black interiors…. They suffocate me. I never had a dark interior. I will have to wait probably more than 4 years for sure. I’m a fan but this is …t.

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
You can see how things went from me in my signature. But I think making the change prior to the June 11th update was part of why I got a truck. They were in the middle of a mass update of delivery windows and doing something active with the system. It worked for me. The main reason for changing for me was a move that took away my reason for needing the max pack. I also knew that there was a 0.0% chance of getting a truck this year if I kept my original max pack configuration. I didn't know how much changing it to a large pack increased that chance, but I knew it had to be something >0%. I would wager that with your location and configuration your chances are on the positive side of getting a truck this year.

loudog3114

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla P100D, 98 TJ, Silverado SS, 18 Camaro 2SS
Occupation
IT
Just for kicks I made this switch as well because I am trying to consolidate cars for a smaller driveway so I would like a daily driver that can tow... in fact I ordered a Grand Cherokee 4xe because it seemed like my rivian is going to be years out. I would love the Max Pack for road trips, but it sounds like Rivian wont even think about selling them until 2024.

Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Just for kicks I made this switch as well because I am trying to consolidate cars for a smaller driveway so I would like a daily driver that can tow... in fact I ordered a Grand Cherokee 4xe because it seemed like my rivian is going to be years out. I would love the Max Pack for road trips, but it sounds like Rivian wont even think about selling them until 2024.
Not sure why you say they wont sell max packs until 2024. They are supposed to start next year. I think if it's more likely that they cancel the max pack than push everyone to 2024 and beyond.

loudog3114

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla P100D, 98 TJ, Silverado SS, 18 Camaro 2SS
Occupation
IT
Not sure why you say they wont sell max packs until 2024. They are supposed to start next year. I think if it's more likely that they cancel the max pack than push everyone to 2024 and beyond.
Sorry, meant to say it doesn't sound like they'll even think about selling one *to me* until 2024.
Sponsored