Sponsored

Switch from R1S to R1T

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
id be willing to bet my reservation that switching to an R1T will get you a Rivian delivered sooner. i was originally an R1S, switched to an R1T and within about 6 weeks i had a Guide and Shop access. i could have had a truck by now but i switched back to an R1S.

another data point. i was talking with my Guide just today and asking about colors and LG on the R1S and how i wished i had ordered early enough to get access to that. she said she had several R1Ts in LG and that if i wanted to pull the trigger i could switch now and get one of those. of course id have to take the config as is but just goes to show they have a lot of supply of R1Ts but very few of the R1Ss. in 9-12 months, probably not the case.
I was originally an R1S and switched to the T - fully believe my window is what it is because of that switch.

I would LOVE to be offered a LG - I currently have Limestone configured but love the LG color.
Sponsored

mount_finkus

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Sold) 1984 Toyota Land Cruiser
Occupation
Web Development
Well if you want some empirical evidence that switching from an R1S to an R1T will get you it sooner, I just got the confirm your configuration email today after having only switched a week:
Rivian R1T R1S Switch from R1S to R1T Screen Shot 2022-11-08 at 15.17.32

OP
OP
RIV206

RIV206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 R1S, '23 Model Y
Clubs

Well if you want some empirical evidence that switching from an R1S to an R1T will get you it sooner, I just got the confirm your configuration email today after having only switched a week:
Screen Shot 2022-11-08 at 15.17.32.png
Nice!!

TXR1SMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 G63 AMG, 2020 X3M Competition
Occupation
Physician
Since everyone's mileage may vary, take my situation as the exception and not the rule. I wouldn't say I am a lottery winner since R1Ts are being cranked out pretty quick now, but changing from an R1S to R1T sped things up for me by at least 12 months.

Sept 2021 preorder
Originally had a 1H 2023 delivery estimate
On 10/28, my delivery window went to Oct - Dec 2023
On 10/28 I changed my vehicle from R1S Adventure to R1T Adventure, delivery estimate became "Processing"
On 11/5 I sent CS an email asking if my next calculated estimate would be available in January or if there was a way to recalculate sooner - No reply
On 11/8 I got the email that my configuration was ready to confirm. I went to my account and clicked the ? and I had a guide assigned
On 11/9 my guide called me and we discussed the config. Midnight/BM, 22" sport bright. He was fairly confident nothing in my selections would result in a delay, but couldn't give me any estimate on delivery and said "Worst case scenario you get a new window in January but likely by the end of the year." My 8 steps still weren't open.
This morning, I got the email to start the purchase process. I have a VIN assigned now. I completed 5/8 steps (the 6th would be insurance, 7th financing although I did submit that, I think the insurance is just hanging it up because all of my documents have the lender, amounts, etc. completed, and the 8th would be delivery). I don't really want to add it to my insurance policy yet in case I do end up waiting another 1-2 months for delivery. I emailed my agent to see if he could get me a quote since when I tried to add it online, I guess the vehicle is still too new to be in widespread databases and kept resulting in an error.

Being Saturday, I don't expect much more to happen. It's wild how quickly this week transpired. I only wavered a little bit on going from R1S to R1T. I don't have kids, only dogs. I sold my 2020 X3M Competition back to the BMW dealership for significant positive equity. I have kept an older 4Runner as a daily driver/knock around and I may hold onto it at least for a few weeks after the R1T gets here just as a backup. My spouse has a 2021 AMG G63 so no matter what, we will still have an ICE vehicle as a backup in case (knocks on wood) any mechanical issues with the R1T happen.

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T MB/BM, 2023 Tesla model X.
Occupation
MD
Im sure this has been brought up before and maybe this is a useless question but I can't seem to find recent posts.. What are your thoughts on switching from an R1S order to R1T and delivery timing? I have a Oct-Dec '23 window for my R1S. This is what Rivian told me via chat about what would happen to timing if I switch:

" If you were to change to an R1T, your window would then change to processing and an update for your window would come in January next year".

They also mentioned the window could get longer. Whats your thoughts on that ? Could I assume that it would be earlier than my current window? I guess there isn't really a way to know.
I switched from S to T, a month later, I was driving my R1T!

Sponsored

MichaelD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sprinter 4x4 camper van (170)
April 2019 R1S pre-order. I switched to R1T last week. Less than 24 hours later my configuration was locked and I had a guide. She found a truck very close to my spec — just waiting on the VIN to get attached to my account now so the 8 steps can begin. I’m…. Cautiously optimistic :cool:

alternatelaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T - Limestone - 20" AT
DEC 2021 preorder here. I just had my First Mile drive a few days ago and after seeing the R1S and R1T side by side I made the switch to the R1T. My 3 kids were happy to sit next to each other in the back of the R1T and that was unexpected. My R1S delivery timeline said OCT-DEC 23. Now it says processing which is to be expected. I'll keep everyone posted on what happens next. Fingers crossed.

Edit
12/02/22 - Config Locked
12/16/22 - Began 8 Steps

Last edited:

1shadowsabre

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 Ram 1500 ecodiesel Honda Shadow Sabre
First Mile drive in Portland today. Excited to finally see the Rivian up close and personal, drive it around and form an opinion!
Sponsored